OTTO Engineering, Inc. Project Manager Communications Division in Carpentersville, Illinois
This job was posted by https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov : For more information, please see: https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov/jobs/11405732
Project Manager Communications Division
OTTO designed, manufactured and precision tested, right here in the USA.
Our Project Manager Communications Division manages all the aspects of product development activities, from concept to production. Responsibilities include coordinating the activities between the engineering disciplines (EE, ME, FW, SW), sourcing, manufacturing, production, and in some cases suppliers, customers, and partners to achieve project goals in a timely fashion. Set deadlines, assign responsibilities, and monitor team members. Prepare reports for the upper management regarding the status of a project. Must have the ability to translate big-picture business needs into plans for detailed-oriented tasks. Strong, proactive management and people skills to encourage collaboration and keep projects on track yet know when escalation to management is necessary.
Specifically, the Project Manager Communications Division will:
- Work with the project teams to develop product requirements, project schedules, and milestones that meet or exceed customer expectations
- Experience launching projects in a production facility
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Apply modern project management tools and techniques to keep a project on schedule and within budget
- Ability to address root cause issues using problem-solving skills and execute contingency planning with the project team to keep schedules on track
- Making effective decisions when presented with multiple options
- Depending on project size, the Project Manager may be required to be part of the project team engineering, analysis, etc.
- Maintain and regularly update NRE hours, tooling costs, part costs, and test costs
- Manage BOMs, engineering change notices, and all project-related documents
- Runs weekly project meetings to keep a cross-functional team informed and on task
- Present monthly project reviews to senior management schedule, costs, issues
- Adhere to OTTOs phase-gate process and ensure phase requirements are completed and properly documented
- Assist with other duties as required or assigned