Microsoft Corporation Federal Consumption Excellence Lead in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Microsoft Federal delivers a single unified organization centered around our customer: All critical customer functions are brought under the same organizational umbrella. Bringing together the breadth and depth in our space with a razor sharp focus on serving the U.S. Government. Our federal customers’ expectations of how to contract, interact, and partner with us are changing, and they need to evolve at the pace of the private sector. Launching a nimble, empowered organization with comprehensive resources allows us to work hand in hand with our customers to accelerate their technology innovation, whether through R&D or through direct contracting.
Microsoft Federal serves the U.S. Government (USG), allowing Microsoft to support the growing government business. The organization supports the capabilities and requirements to service USG through direct sales, contracting, and billing with the USG. Microsoft Federal entity will meet obligations of manage contracts with the USG through six business teams and three enablement teams.
We are committed to empowering our teams , building upon our strategic investments, and delivering the technology to achieve federal missions. As our federal customers pursue their work, from defending the nation, to serving its citizens in challenging times, they look to Microsoft to help them innovate, and they expect end-to-end engagement tailored to their needs.
Microsoft has been committed to and continues to heavily invest in supporting our Federal Government. Microsoft Federal offers our full spectrum of products and services, including hardware, software, online products, and consulting and services.
Join us and be one who helps to empower the US government! That’s incredible reach . When you combine that with your own inspiration , plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact.
The primary responsibilities of the role include:
• Be the CSU GM’s point of accountability for OU-level consumption activities and targets.
• Drive the entire OU (ATU, STU, CSU, Services) to have effective consumption hygiene across systems.
• Develop, guide and assist CSU leadership on strategy and best practices to drive consumption. Synthesize business strategies and present viable recommendations to the leadership team to address gaps and risks in achieving consumption goals.
• Implement and manage effective consumption hygiene practices to create a high-quality portfolio of customer success engagements.
• Ensure that all significant opportunities (including MACCs/CTCs) have defined success plans, and consumption outcomes are reflected in pipeline targets.
• Ensure ECIF spend supports consumption plans for all significant opportunities and spend milestones are defined and attained.
• Maintain the effectiveness OU rhythms to track consumption performance, identify blockers, identify best-practices and lessons learned.
• Provide a robust set of consumption analytics and consumption trend reports to OU leadership.
• OU leaders: e.g. CSU, STU, ATU, Services GMs, OU RVP
• CSU solution area leads: e.g. CSA M2/M1, CSAM M2/M1, CSM M2/M1
• Segment and OU Sales Excellence Leaders
• M&O Solution Area Business Groups: alignment to cross-cloud consumption initiatives
• BSO: RoB and reporting activities
• Cross-OU Consumption Excellence Leader community
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
• Deep understanding of cloud consumption dynamics and consumption reporting
• Experience of customer service process design and continuous improvement
• Proven ability to orchestrate activities across multiple stakeholder teams and to lead through influence
• Problem-solving ability, especially in gathering data to drive decision making under strict timelines and working through complex requirements.
• 10+ years of experience in customer-facing, Service delivery/Sales/Customer Success roles
• 5+ years program management
• Leadership through Influence; ability to drive alignment with cross functional teams to a common objective and define execution priorities against objectives.
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, manage ambiguity and drive for clarity.
• Advanced oral and written communication skills – both written and verbal.
• Advanced presentation skills.
• BA/BS equivalent.
Cloud Screening: Candidates must be able to successfully complete and pass a Microsoft Cloud background screening. Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi-annual basis.
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen. Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form (https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest) .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Microsoft Corporation Jobs