PPD Commercial Analyst in Cambridge, United Kingdom
PPD is a leading global contract research organization providing comprehensive, integrated drug development, laboratory and lifecycle management services. At PPD, we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose- to improve health!
Our colleagues in corporate strive for excellence in every task, at every moment. We are game changers seeking improvements to processes and more efficient ways of working or adapting to changing financial and industry environments.
Commercial Analysts lead cross-functional proposal processes, stakeholders, and timelines to ensure contract proposals and/or modifications are completed accurately throughout the project lifecycle.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We offer continued career advancement opportunities, award winning training and benefits focused on the health and wellbeing of our employees.
Summarized Purpose: Leads cross-functional proposal processes, stakeholders, and timelines to ensure contract proposals and/or modifications are completed accurately throughout the project lifecycle.
* Leads the proposal bid and budget negotiation process, synthesizing detailed client requirements with internal data in collaboration with key internal stakeholders to determine appropriate resource and budget allocations for project plans and study strategies.
* Reviews request for proposal (RFP) information to ensure it has adequate information for budget preparation.
* Leads proposal bidding strategy calls to discuss customer requirements and budget strategy development and/or modifications.
* Works within bidding system to ensure accurate bidding and timely data mapping in client grid templates.
* Finalizes documents for distribution to the customer and internal departments, performing quality control edits to ensure accuracy, proper data formatting, and compliance with contract requirements.
* Ensures proposals concisely and accurately reflect strategy discussions, meet client needs, offer consistent messaging, include relevant differentiators, and convey value proposition and critical success factors.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 0 to 2 years).
In some cases an equivalency, consisting of a combination of appropriate education, training and/or directly related experience, will be considered sufficient for an individual to meet the requirements of the role.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Ability to function as an effective and respected partner to clients
* Strong analytical and quantitative skills * Confidence to handle sensitive information and make sound recommendations * Ability to juggle multiple tasks while still delivering high quality results
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Strong organizational and project administration skills
* High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint for analysis and presentation of data
* Solid understanding of financial principles and best practice Working Environment:
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
Able to work upright and stationary for typical working hours.
Ability to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
May require travel. (Recruiter will provide more details.)
PPD Defining Principles: - We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing -We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.
Organization: *CN BU
Title: Commercial Analyst
Location: CN-CN-Shanghai-Shanghai CN Henderson
Requisition ID: 187749
Other Locations: GB-GB-Cambridge-Cambridge GB Granta Park1
PPD is an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength fosters and environment of mutual respect. PPD provides equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other status within any other protected group
- PPD Jobs