SAIC Business Development Manager - State and Local (Southern CA) in California
SAIC has a phenomenal opportunity for a Business Development Manager who can deliver double digit growth, has established deep client relationship, and proven track record of managing the full scope of business practices; client relationship management, ability to target, develop, qualify and help capture profitable business. We seek a Business Development executive with these talents in Southern California for our State & Local West Account.
If you have an established track record shaping and winning large programs, delivering successive years of double digit growth and believe you can excel with the support of a world class organization rich in culture, portfolio of solutions and services and access to a wide range of contract vehicles then we are the perfect destination for your talent, your skills and your abilities. We offer a very attractive compensation package, a broad breath of services and solutions for the Southern CA agencies and localities, as well as career opportunities second to none.
We seek a candidate who will work collaboratively with our State & Local VP and West Account Manager to execute the responsibilities outlined below. Within this partnership, the candidate will share overall responsibility for business development strategy, planning and execution for opportunities within the Southern CA spectrum of agencies and localities. The successful candidate will also have demonstrated the abilities of; market analysis, strategic business planning including opportunity identification, qualification and maturation, confidently making pursue or no pursue decisions in past assignments. Prudent use of business unit resources in successfully capturing award of large/major programs will be a huge PLUS.
The successful candidate will:
Demonstrate a keen understanding of the missions of the various state agencies, their cultures, organizational hierarchy, leadership interdependencies, major initiatives and their challenges
Lead SAIC efforts in developing strategic plan for the opportunities with full support from a SAIC Defense and Civilian Group support infrastructure; capture management, proposal development and management, subject matter experts
Develop and manage a dynamic, multi-year pipeline of opportunities in various stages of maturity
Possess the skills and the ability to map them to SAIC core competencies and select the highest PWIN opportunities
Lead throughout the qualification process and stay deeply involved in developing the company’s win strategy
Progress opportunities through SAIC’s Pre-Award process so an opportunity is included in SAIC’s pipeline metrics as a qualified opportunity
Secondary responsibilities will include:
Oversight of customer contact
Coordination with other internal business development and sales resources available across SAIC.
Engaging with existing delivery teams to understand issue with current execution, and identify improvement opportunities.
Analysis and identification of variety of contract types including cost plus fixed fee, fixed price, award fee, and performance based contracting that would improve program financials
Required Education and Experience:
• Clearance Level Must Possess: None
• Clearance Level: Must be able to Obtain Public Trust, Agency Level Clearances
• Bachelors or 4 years’ experience in lieu of a degree and 15+ years of related experience. Masters in Business or Policy is a plus.
• A reputation for being able to build and work within high performance teams in a matrix-management environment
• Ability to communicate well with senior and executive management within a company and with key federal customers
• Ability and reputation of winning complex, prime integration services or systems engineering contract awards with values over $50M that meet and exceed challenging goals and quotas is required
• Five years of recent experience in CA including, business development, customer relationships, and an understanding of the buying trends of the agencies is considered an advantage.
• The successful candidate will be able to reference a portfolio of submittals and awards that include experience in all types of government contracts (FFP, T&M, Cost Plus) and full array of capture strategies (major re-competes, incumbent capture, sole source, etc.).
• Candidates must have highly effective interpersonal skills in order to carryout daily interactions with technical leaders and business executives within SAIC, with the customers, and with teammates and subcontractors.
• Past experience that demonstrates the ability to contribute to fast-paced business leadership teams will be a plus. Security Clearance: None; U.S. Citizenship required
• This position is based in Southern CA and will require business travel as needed for a geographically dispersed customer set.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation’s most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
- SAIC Jobs