Jacobs Senior Transportation Project Manager in Calgary, Alberta
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we push the limits of what’s possible and help reinvent tomorrow. Our work meaningfully improves the livability and connectivity of our local communities, with a focus on building and strengthening an equitable, diverse and inclusive society.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, caring, experienced and collaborative Senior Transportation Project Manager who thrives when people are in sync and projects are delivered with excellence. Based out of Calgary, AB you’ll be managing exciting and engaging transportation infrastructure projects for our existing clients, including the City of Calgary, Alberta Transportation, and others. In additional to taking pride in your technical work and ability to seek innovative solutions, you will help us expand our project and client base by helping to prepare proposals, as well as building and maintaining strong relationships with clients. As an engineer at heart, you’ll have the opportunity to perform engineering calculations, produce engineering documents, and perform site inspections, supported by Jacobs’ senior project managers. As a passionate and motivated leader, you will mentor emerging talent to help grow and develop our team. You will be working mainly from home, unless you prefer to come into the office with the expectation to be available for client /ocasional team meetings.
If you are ready for your next career challenge, bring your curiosity and we’ll help you thrive.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering (or applicable discipline and /or equivalent experience)
• Licensed P.Eng. designation in the province of Alberta or ability to obtain it within 6 months of employment
• At least 10 years’ experience on transportation infrastructure projects, preferably in an engineering consulting environment
• Experience in the delivery of projects for the City of Calgary, Alberta Transportation
• Technical design and project management skills in several of these areas: highways; urban streets; multi-use paths; drainage; traffic engineering; transit; active/multi-modal transportation; urban/transportation planning
• Communication, time management, teamwork, report writing, and proposal preparation skills
• Empathy, self-awareness, mentorship and leadership skills
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
- Jacobs Jobs