Jacobs GIS Solution Architect in Calgary, Alberta
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
We’re helping our clients embrace the digital revolution by providing data analysis solutions tailored to their environmental challenges. As a GIS Solution Architect, you’ll provide leading geospatial technology support for our federal and commercial sector clients within the Private Sector Group. We are looking for innovators in the geospatial and data science fields to help implement cutting edge digital solutions. We want people that can connect all the pieces – mobile data collection, web maps, advanced visualization, and automated reporting.
Based out of one of our Canadian offices, you’ll have the opportunity to work on a broad range of consulting projects with a focus on supporting our global client base. Working with other members of our team, you’ll help design, architect, and deliver complex digital solutions and be passionate about applying cutting edge technology. During your time with us, you will leverage your strong GIS, database, automation, and visualization skills while collaborating with experts in various disciplines to apply these technologies on a variety of projects. By driving collaboration and innovation across GIS projects, you’ll help your passionate team achieve the clients’ goals.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• B.S. or B.A. Computer Science, Environmental Science, Engineering, Geographic Information Systems, Geography, Land Use Planning
• Have significant experience with the Esri suite of software, including: Desktop: ArcPro, ArcMap, ArcCatalog. Web: ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Online, Web App Builder, Ops Dashboard. Apps: Collector for ArcGIS, Survey123
• Experience with SQL Server and ETL processes
• Experience with FME Server
• Location preference would be in Western Canada.
• Experience implementing solutions within Azure
• Experience with Python 2.7 and 3.X
• Experience with the following Python libraries: ArcPy, ArcGIS Python API, Pandas, Numpy, Matplotlib, pyodbc a plus.
• Significant experience with designing digital workflows ranging from mobile data collection to database management to data visualization.
• Experience setting up field teams for mobile data collection using Collector, Survey123
• Ability to travel up to 10%.
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
• Develop, train, and mentor Jr. technical staff
• Display attributes of a strong consultant (team player, eagerness to learn and grow, self-starter that takes initiative, versatile, and has a client service mentality).
• Exhibit excellent verbal communication skills with ability to discuss projects with clients, subcontractors, regulatory agencies, and internal team members, and in public in meetings as well as excellent writing skills by producing concise and readable documents.
Location: Preference would be in Western Canada
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
- Jacobs Jobs