Avanade Inc. Future Opportunity - Cloud Engineer in Calgary, Alberta
RECRUITING FOR THE FUTURE
This posting is for a future job opportunity.
To support the needs of our clients, Avanade is actively recruiting and interviewing for the role outlined below, as we continue to build on another year of growth in our business. Now, with more than 60,000 employees around the globe, we are positioning our organization to effectively prepare for the future. What does this mean for you? We encourage you to apply and interview for this role without the need to decide now. This allows you to connect with leaders and hiring managers at a pace that works for you and when roles become available, you will be the first to know.
We are a Microsoft Partner and Consulting company. We help our customers do all things Azure Cloud. As a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, you will work with our clients and participate in the development and deployment of enterprise scale Azure Cloud solutions. The type of projects you would participate in could include:
· The creation of cloud foundations
· Design and deployment of net-new cloud native solutions
· Migration and modernization of existing workloads
· Enabling organization transformation to a cloud-first model
Doing Cloud transformation at this scale requires you to be knowledgeable in public cloud in general and Microsoft Azure in particular.
A day in the life can include:
· Work in partnership with clients, helping them understand how to use cloud technology to meet their business objectives
· Communicate and interact with project leads and technical stakeholders
· Provide leadership where appropriate to technical implementation workstreams
· Deliver at a consistently high standard
· Able and willing to be hands on when required
· Provide assistance with technical issues, escalations and resolution
· Provide a good experience to your teammates and to our customers
What you need to know:
· 3 years of IT experience in Infrastructure area including Senior Support capacity
· General technical understanding of cloud platforms and supporting technologies
· Strong experience with a business audience in either project or high level support capacity
· Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences effectively and clearly
· Technical experience in a major cloud platform, preferably Azure in Public or Private but strong experience to Azure on-prem we always consider
· Knowledge of Identity and Access management (IAM) software defined networking, security, governance, and compliance
· Must have prior scripting experience and familiar with dealing with conditional logic, looping and string handling
What we hope you know but are willing to invest and teach:
· Understanding of cloud automation and orchestration tools and techniques including git, terraform, Azure DevOps, ARM
· Experience in IaC and CaC (Containerization as Code)
· Any and all of: Jenkins, Ansible, AKS, Docker, etc.
· 3+ hands on experience in implementing and/or maintaining highly complex cloud environments
· Experience migrating on-premise workloads to the cloud
· At least one recognized public cloud technical certification
· Product experience in more than one public cloud, such as Azure, AWS or Google Cloud is an asset
What we expect:
· Commitment to learn and to invest time to bridge gaps in knowledge
· Acquire required Azure technical certification (our treat!)
· Keep up to date with technology trends
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.
- Avanade Inc. Jobs