S&K Technologies, Inc. Procurement Specialist 2 in Byron, Georgia
S&K Logistics Services, LLC (SKLS), a member of the S&K Technologies Family of Companies owned by the Salish and Kootenai Tribes, is actively seeking a Procurement Specialist II. This position can be located in Davie, FL or Byron, GA and provides complete logistical support between the customer and approved Sources of Supply (SOS) and Sources of Repair (SOR) on all spares and maintenance repairs. Use established processes, Maintenance Information Systems, and applicable data bases for processing items to the SOS/SORs and coordinate expedited deliveries on all urgent items. Research and identify alternate SOS/SORs to improve performance and value to customers. Interface with SOS/SOR representatives, Logistics Specialists, Procurement Specialists, Contract Administrators, and SKLS Management. Document all actions into database systems supporting the contract; furnish data and reports as required; and initiate follow-up action to ensure timely delivery of repaired items, procedures, and procurement policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Research and identify SOS/SORs for spares and repair of individual components. Expedite items undergoing repair to meet contract requirements. • Interface with the customer to assist supply/repair actions. • Complete all necessary data inputs into program database systems • Acknowledge receipt of requisition within program time standard. • Research and determine item eligibility • Identify, select, and manage authorized SOS/SORs. • Monitor and enforce inbound and outbound ship dates. • Communicate with customer on established program actions. • Evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, and delivery.
• Negotiate agreements and purchasing terms for efficient procurement of materials. • Process status transactions for guidance on price quotes, contract award and questions to the customer. • Manage and operate a cost-effective procurement process to all customers.
• Manage and maintain a comprehensive document control system within the program
• Represent S&K with professional demeanor at scheduled events and during virtual WebEx meetings with customers. Travel in support of conferences, meetings, reviews, and other related activities.
• Provide positive leadership and guidance to assigned team members; determine and initiate improvements as needed. • Perform other duties as assigned at the discretion of management.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Associate Degree in engineering, business, logistics or related field required. Related work experience may be substituted for education requirements. Each 2 years of related experience is equivalent to 1 year of college.
• Minimum three (3) years’ experience in a related field is required. • Requires experience in both commercial and direct military major MRO services and complete understanding of sourcing, purchasing, shipping, and receiving of aircraft and aircraft system components. • Experience using ILS, LogiQuest and/or Quantum is preferred.
License, Cert or Registration
• Current driver’s license; Proof of U.S. Citizenship; the ability to obtain security clearance enabling access to various government facilities.
Special knowledge, skills, & abilities
• Must have working knowledge of aerospace defense logistics process and systems; SOS/SOR related contracting procedures and procurement processes. • Must be able to communicate professionally and concisely to customers and employees of the organization. • Must demonstrate ethics, responsibility, confidentiality, professionalism, punctuality, consistent dependability, and ability to multi-task. • Must have well-developed time management and schedule coordination skills. • Must have an ability to work professionally with individuals, diverse groups, and the public. • Must have intermediate or higher proficiency using Microsoft Office programs specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
All qualifications, education, and experience listed in the job description must be able to be demonstrated at an appropriate level for the position through evaluation of the resume, testing, and an interview process as appropriate. Meeting of all qualifications, education, and experience requirements will be at the discretion of Human Resources and the Hiring Manager.
SKT is an EEO/AA/Disabled/Veterans Employer.
S&K Technologies, Inc.
- S&K Technologies, Inc. Jobs