AdventHealth Physical Therapist in Burleson, Texas
Physical Therapist - Texas Health Huguley- operated as joint venture between Texas Health Resources and AdventHealth
Location Address: 11801 South Fwy., Burleson, TX 76028
Top Reasons to Work At Texas Health Huguley, Burleson, TX
- Our care for patients extend to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families and providing on call, 24 hours, 7 days a week Chaplains for spiritual support.
- Award winning facility and departments including “Great Place to Work” by Becker’s Hospital Review and Gallup.
- Work with the latest technology and top experts including “Daisy Award” recipients while on the way to Magnet status—2020.
- Amazing medical benefits through Aetna plus an onsite full-service fitness center.
- Growth opportunities designed for each employee.
- Located about 10 minutes from downtown Fort Worth and near TCU in the award-winning school district, Burleson ISD which also provides a low-cost of living.
Full Time Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Performs direct patient care at a highly professional level and on a timely basis to meet the daily needs of the inpatient and outpatient schedules as assigned by the Clinical Director.
- Performs comprehensive evaluation and/or reevaluation which includes reviewing patient’s chart using accepted methods and appropriate evaluative tools.
- Initiates evaluation within 48 hours of receiving the physical therapy order and completes the evaluation within two visits.
- Interprets test correctly and consults with patient, families, nursing, physician, and other appropriate resources in the development of the treatment plan as evidenced by chart documentation.
- Develops realistic short term and long term goals. Demonstrates creativity and skill in designing and implementing treatment programs to reach these goals.
- Implements treatment program following rational frequency and duration in accordance with initial assessment and doctor’s orders to meet patient needs. This shall be accomplished with no more than two incidents per year without valid reason.
- Outpatient appointment assigned to the therapist will be met within 15 minutes if the patient arrives at the scheduled time. This will be accomplished with no more than two incidents per year, without valid reason, as determined by discussion with the therapist and department coordinator.
- Reviews medical records daily or more frequently as needed to gain information pertinent to physical therapy treatment.
- Formally re-evaluates goals when goals need modification or when there is a change in patient’s medical status.
- Instructs patient and/or family in appropriate home programs to address patient’s needs, and documents the rationale for these programs.
- Recognizes a problem he/she is unable to handle alone with regard to both direct patent care and other departmental issues. Elicits the assistance/expertise of appropriate personnel to resolve the situation.
- Identifies need for progression, modification or discontinuation of program when goals have been or are not being adequately approached as evidenced by documentation in the chart.
- Participates in discharge planning and makes recommendations regarding equipment and home program as evidenced through documentation.
- Appropriately delegates and supervises patient treatment tasks assigned to technicians.
- Produces documentation appropriate for various levels and types of patient care within Physical Therapy Services and accepts responsibility for the Physical Therapy Department through generation of patient revenue.
- Documentation of treatment will be written by the next working day with 100% compliance.
Each progress noted and/or treatment plan will contain sufficient information in order for another physical therapy staff to easily discern the following:
-Exact treatment to be given
- -Modalities/procedures used
- -Patient response
- -Any projected change in plan
- This will be carried out with 100% compliance on chart audit.
- For outpatient cases, a written progress report or discharge summary will be prepared and sent to the referring physician.
- Completes appropriate Medicare certification/Plan of Care upon completion of initial evaluation which will be signed by referring physician.
- Uses clear and concise documentation and adheres to hospital approved abbreviations.
- Accurately charges inpatients and outpatients for treatments rendered and equipment/supplies issued according to department guidelines.
- Accurately completes and submits charge sheet according to departmental procedure.
- Maintains productivity standard by adapting to changes in assigned daily caseloads.
- All evaluations and reevaluations are completed within 48 hours.
- Completes incident reports as appropriate and submits this report to the Clinical Director.
- Communicates appropriately with the Therapy Services Clinical Director, Clinical Coordinator, staff, medical staff, nursing staff and others in a professional and timely manner.
- Communicates in a clear and appropriate manner with Therapy Services department, Clinical Director, and other hospital staff.
- Participates in departmental meetings, department performance improvement programs, training programs, in-services, and accepts departmental projects as requested by the Clinical Director and/or Coordinator.
Conducts classes to educate patients in terms of the following:
-Overview of physical therapy methods
- -Anatomy of the spine and extremities
- -Back school content
- -Pain control methods
- -Other related topics (dietary relaxation, stress, etc.)
- Instructs patients regarding the relationship between functional rehabilitation and pain, rationale for training beyond a pain level and efficiency of developing a lifetime pattern of reconditioning.
- Designs classroom activities to stimulate interest, motivation, compliance and reinforce treatment goals.
- Contributes to the efficient and safe operation of the Therapy Services department. Conducts routine/general business necessary for quality and efficiency with department operation/ program development.
- Respects time limitations of others by being prepared and on time for meetings.
- Organizes time effectively as demonstrated by the ability to prepare for expected and unexpected changes in schedule and utilizes department personnel appropriately.
- Keeps treatment plan within number of pre-certified/ pre-authorized visits.
- Maintains physicians’ prescriptions up to date.
- Supervises and instructs clinical education students according to departmental guidelines.
- Participates in the development and maintenance of departmental policies, procedures and performance improvement activities.
What You Will Need:
- Graduate from accredited physical therapy program at the Bachelor’s or Master’s level.
- Experience preferred, but new graduates are accepted.
- Must hold and keep current annually Texas Licensure as a Physical Therapist.
- Supervises physical therapy assistants, therapy services technicians and students.
The Physical Therapist evaluates and treats individuals whose ability to perform daily functional tasks is threatened or impaired by developmental deficits, the aging process, environmental deprivation, sensory impairment, physical injury or illness or psychological or social dysfunction. The Physical Therapist utilizes interviews, subjective and objective testing, patient performance assessments and review of past records for evaluation of patient’s functional skills/status. The Physical Therapist utilizes therapeutic goal directed activities, physical modalities, exercises, patient/family education/training and facilitation of adaptation and productivity to prevent, diminish, or correct dysfunctions and/or impairments or to develop, restore and/or maximize daily functional skills and independence both while in the hospital and in preparation for the home and/or work environment.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Rehabilitation Services
Organization: Texas Health Huguley Hospital
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
- AdventHealth Jobs