AdventHealth Medical Laboratory Scientist Nights in Burleson, Texas
Medical Laboratory Scientist - Texas Health Huguley- operated as joint venture between Texas Health Resources and AdventHealth
Location Address: 11801 South Fwy., Burleson, TX 76028
Top Reasons to Work At Texas Health Huguley, Burleson, TX
- Our care for patients extend to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families and providing on call, 24 hours, 7 days a week Chaplains for spiritual support.
- Award winning facility and departments including “Great Place to Work” by Becker’s Hospital Review and Gallup.
- Work with the latest technology and top experts including “Daisy Award” recipients while on the way to Magnet status—2020.
- Amazing medical benefits through Aetna plus an onsite full-service fitness center.
- Growth opportunities designed for each employee.
- Located about 10 minutes from downtown Fort Worth and near TCU in the award-winning school district, Burleson ISD which also provides a low-cost of living.
Monday - Friday
10:30pm - 7am
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Accurately performs and expeditiously reports laboratory tests, according to departmental policies, CLIA law and regulatory standards.
- Determines identity and suitability of specimens when received, according to procedure policies.
- Assures test accuracy by performing and recording control testing, in accordance with departmental policy on each shift, as observed by the department supervisor.
- Performs tests in accordance with department policy and reports results in a timely manner, as documented in test records.
- Organizes daily work efficiently and expedites testing as observed by supervisor.
- Investigates problems and takes initiative in resolving them, both technical and non-technical, and communicates the outcome to the appropriate individual.
- Reviews integrity of report by checking legibility, completeness and credibility of results prior to releasing, as observed by supervisor.
- Accurately performs, records, transcribes or reviews proficiency testing material by the stated deadline, according to laboratory policy and CLIA law, as evidenced in the survey evaluation results.
- Maintains instrumentation and department supplies in order to ensure efficient departmental operations.
- Performs and documents assigned equipment maintenance duties per shift according to maintenance manuals.
- Restocks department supplies on a regular basis to ensure adequacy of inventory, as documented on department checklist.
- Recognizes problems in instrumentation, performs first line repairs as outlined in procedure manual and notifies appropriate individual if unable to adequately alleviate the problem.
- Promotes and contributes positively to intradepartmental and interdepartmental communications to ensure efficient departmental operation.
- Answers telephone and pages promptly and in a courteous manner, identifying self and department at all times.
- Assists in orientation and training of new associates unfamiliar with the department, as observed by the supervisor.
- Relays all appropriate information during shift hand-off, and ensures department is covered prior to leaving.
- Demonstrates good judgment in directing phone calls or questions to the appropriate department or individual.
- Promotes a safe working environment by regimented clean up and adherence to safety manuals.
- Adheres to established departmental guidelines for clean up on each shift.
- Protects self and co-workers by practicing safety precautions as established in safety and infection control manuals.
- Maintains appropriate departmental records and filing systems to ensure the expeditious retrieval of information and to comply with regulatory requirements.
- Ensures that results are properly filed and that data is recorded in a legible manner as evidenced in departmental records.
- Exhibits ability to perform essential computer operations pertaining to job duties.
- Performs outpatient ordering as defined in the department policy.
- Maintains a professional attitude in the work place regarding procedures, personnel and continuing education.
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn new procedures and instrumentation by attending training sessions and becoming familiar with new revisions as they occur.
- Reviews policies frequently, assists in updating contents and complies with procedures contained therein.
- Demonstrates flexibility by being able to work various departments and alternative shifts when requested.
- Exhibits willingness to help associates in their tasks when able.
- Accepts constructive criticism and feedback.
- Maintains necessary continuing education credits, keeps required competencies current, and maintains valid ASCP Certification.
What You Will Need:
- Must have a B.S. degree in Medical Technology, Medical Laboratory Science or a related science.
- Valid ASCP or AMT Technologist/Scientist Certification.
- At least one year of experience is preferred.
Perform and report clinical laboratory analysis to assist physicians and other hospital staff in the diagnosis and monitoring of patients.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: Texas Health Huguley Hospital
Shift: 3 - Night
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
- AdventHealth Jobs