Advanced Systems Group Post Production Systems Engineer in Burbank, California
· Provide Help Desk/Service Center style support, monitoring inbound technical support requests, calls, and tickets for all employees
· Manage support issues from start to resolution, escalating only when necessary
· Collaborate with other technology teams as needed to determine the best solution to challenges
· Partner closely with IT and technology teams to assure consistent support methods and policies across sites
· Work closely with employees, and business units to better understand evolving workflows and related hardware needs
· Provide support for onboarding, provisioning, entitlements, and tech training for new hires
· Installation of desktop hardware including workstations, displays, tablets, and related peripherals
· Install/support a wide array of software, both internally developed and third party
· Basic support of server and data storage infrastructure & network equipment
· Basic support of A/V & media systems
· Work with studio leadership to continually improve tech support procedures and policies.
· Create thorough documentation of processes and procedures leveraging centralized knowledge base (i.e., Zendesk, Confluence, ManageEngine)
· Maintain a flexible schedule including possible night or weekend work, as needed
· Minimum 6-8 years’ experience with technical support or user support, preferably in a production setting
· Working knowledge of Linux, Mac OS, and Windows operating systems
· Manage all production storage mediums, such as: on-prem production storage (direct attached and network attached), cloud, and tape-based (LTO) archive.
· Familiarity with ticket tracking, tech support tools, documentation platforms, and diagnostic systems
· Provides weekly and monthly data forecasting and trend reports to department leads, giving up-to-date visibility and daily reports for at-risk departments and overall trajectories based on changes in utilization.
· Centralizes, aggregates, and refines production workflow and client storage SLAs, ensuring that production requirements are not in conflict with client SLAs or contribute to production inefficiencies.
· Familiarity with common systems tools and protocols (BIOS, DNS/DHCP, LDAP, Active Directory)
· Proficiency with productivity applications such as Microsoft Office, and administration of these systems
Proficiency with common video conferencing platforms such as Zoom, Google Chat and MS Teams
· Ability to diagnose, repair or replace computer system components (storage media/drives, graphics/GPU cards, memory modules, etc)
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Manage and prioritize multiple concurrent and competing challenges, issues, ambiguities, and contradictions that inevitably occur when supporting a highly complex, diverse, and dynamic production environment
· Install, configure, and maintain desktop/laptop computers and mobile devices
· Strategizes and collaborates with production departments on how to improve storage performance and operational efficiencies.
· Works with IT/engineering team to help ensure current infrastructure meets or exceeds operational needs.
· Works directly with Data IO and operations on forecasting of content transfers both inbound and outbound to gauge storage utilization across all tiers (performance, tiering, parking lot).
Nice to Have Skills:
· Storage proficiency (NetApp, Seagate, Qumulo, Isilon)
· Storage filesystem proficiency (Quantum StorNext, gpfs)
· Experience with firewalls, routers, network & fire switches and monitoring systems (Cisco, Brocade, Mellanox)
· Active and Open Directory implementation and administration experience
· Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
· Professional, customer-focused attitude
· Post-production technology and workflow knowledge
· Cisco, Mellanox, and Arista certifications
· Dell/EMC certifications
· Windows & Linux certifications
Compensation & Benefits:
This full-time role offers a salary of $120,000-$150,000. This role is eligible for benefits including fully paid medical insurance, 401k, PTO, wellness discounts, and more.
Powered by JazzHR