Honeywell Technical Service Engineer in Buffalo, New York
The future is what you make it!
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Advanced Materials is a global supplier of fluorine products, fine chemicals, additives, metals, films and fibers for products including pharmaceuticals, refrigeration, semiconductors and military protection. Advanced Materials is making the world safer, cleaner and enabling the modernization of a growing middle class by enhancing our customer offerings through a differentiated portfolio of chemistries, materials, value-added solutions and superior customer service. Our mission is to attract, retain and develop diverse and highly motivated, entrepreneurial employees striving to flawlessly deliver superior value to our customers every day.
We are recruiting for a Sr. Advanced R&D Engineer Scientist
· Responsible for leading technical service and growth projects, primarily in the foam insulation market
· Serve as technical expert in multifunctional project team, responsible for foam and insulation projects related to fluorine products technologies with significant knowledge about polyurethane/polyisocyanurate foams
· Plan and conduct voice-of-customer (VOC) interviews, define value proposition of Honeywell products in foam and insulation applications
· Identify technology opportunities in different applications and initiate projects for business growth by working closely with the commercial team
· Understand R&D technical and project management needs; interpret often complex scientific data, and clearly communicate results to diverse stakeholders
· Provide conversion guideline and solution to customers to adopt Honeywell ProductsYou Must Have
· Bachelors ’degree in chemical engineering, chemistry or related field
· 3+ years of formulating or technical experience in polyurethane foam industryExperience with thermoset polymer, additives and blowing agents
· Degree in Polymer/Plastic Engineering or Material Science related field with emphasis on polyurethane foam or insulation foam technology
· Board knowledge of engineering principles and familiar with different production setup
· Strong leadership and project management skills
· Proficient in SFDC and stage-gate process
· Strong business acumen
· Effective customer-facing and communication skills
· Experience working in a global organization
· Willingness to travel (10%) post Covid
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
- Honeywell Jobs