VIA, Visually Impaired Advancement Shipping Clerk in Buffalo, New York
Visually Impaired Advancement (VIA) formerly known as Olmsted Center for Sight (OCS) is seeking a full time Shipping Clerk for the Industries department. Under the direction of the Distribution Supervisor, this position is primarily responsible for ensuring accurate fulfillment of orders while maintaining effective workflow, communication, and on time delivery.
• Responsible for receiving goods and shipping orders.
• Responsible for daily reporting of shipping, receiving, and production.
• Perform count and quality checks on all received, produced, and picked goods.
• Update the production queue to meet inventory demands.
• Utilize various accounting programs, shipping software, and other programs as needed.
• Lead and delegate tasks to order pickers and material handlers as needed to maximize workflow.
• Ensure shipping and receiving accuracy and consistently update accounting department.
• Utilize electric and manual pallet jack to transport product.
• Facilitate cycle counts as needed in a thorough and effective manner.
• Ability to use shipping and accounting software.
• Ability to use electric and manual pallet jack.
• Strong communication and customer service skills.
• Must be detail oriented and able to retain information.
• Must be able to maintain product with a high degree of accuracy.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Ability to multi-task and be flexible in a work environment where priorities frequently change.
• Must be comfortable working with a diverse population.
• High school diploma or equivalency required.
• Experience working in a warehousing or production environment required.
• Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook required.
TO APPLY please click on the link below:
VIA is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Any person with a disability needing special accommodations to the application process please call Human Resources.