IQVIA Clinical Project Management Director, Internal Medicine (REMOTE) in Buffalo, New York
Therapeutic expertise in the areas of Infectious Disease or Respiratory medicine is required
Clinical Project Management Directors direct and manage the team responsible for clinical delivery of complex; global full service, multi-regional studies and/or programs. They have strategic decision-making responsibility for the project/program. As a Clinical Project Management Director, you'll be responsible for the direction and management of portfolios and/or accounts from an operational perspective, ensuring that studies and/or programs are delivered on time and quality resulting in strong financial performance and customer satisfaction in accordance with SOPs; policies and practices from pre-award to close-out. You'll leverage your therapeutic expertise and IQVIA's suite of solutions to drive operational excellence and strategic leadership with our customers.
• Contribute to the development of the project delivery strategy for Request for Proposals (RFPs). Participate in bid defense preparations. Lead bid defense presentations in partnership with business development for large, complex, multi-service, multi-region studies or programs. Understand project strategy and operationalize the agreed upon approach.
• Oversee the development of integrated study management plans with the core project team.
• Direct the execution of clinical studies as per the contract while optimizing speed, quality and cost of delivery and ensuring consistent use of study tools and training materials and compliance with standard processes, policies and procedures.
• Recognize systemic issues at program or portfolio level and identify solutions with the project teams, recommend actions to improve efficiencies and oversee the implementation of best practices, address escalation items with the customer.
• Set objectives of the core project team according to agreed upon contract, strategy and approach, effectively communicate and assess performance.
• Collaborate with other functional groups within the company where necessary to support milestone achievement and to manage study issues and obstacles.
• Monitor progress against contract and prepare/present project information proactively to all stakeholders internally and externally.
• Responsible for the management and delivery of large and/or complex studies or programs of studies.
• May be responsible for portfolio management with one customer or therapeutic area.
• Proactively manage strategic risk (positive and negative) and contingencies and lead problem solving and resolution efforts.
• Achieve project quality by identifying quality risks and issues, responding to issues raised by project team members and planning/implementing appropriate corrective and preventative action plans.
• Serve as primary project/program/portfolio contact with customer and own relationship with key customer contact(s), communicate/collaborate with IQVIA business development as necessary.
• Build the cross-functional project/program/portfolio team and lead their efforts, responsible for managing cross-collaboration of the core team and for overall project delivery to support milestone achievement and to manage study issues and obstacles.;
• Responsible for ensuring the financial success of project/programs/portfolio.
• Forecast and identify opportunities to accelerate activities to bring revenue forward.
• Identify changes in scope and manage change control process as necessary, identify opportunities to increase scope to assist the Customer's business needs.
• Participate in, champion and adopt function and/or corporate initiatives, changes and/or special project assignments, act as a client liaison, departmental cross-functional liaison and/or change agent.
• Provide input to line managers of their project team members’ performance relative to project tasks. Recommend team members’ further professional development. Support staff development. Mentor less experienced project team members on assigned projects to support their professional development.
• Bachelor's Degree Life sciences or related field required.
• Requires extensive knowledge of multiple job areas obtained through advanced education and experience.
• Viewed as a leading expert within the field by peers.
• Requires 12 years of prior relevant experience including minimum 8 years of project management or relevant functional experience.
• Knowledge of clinical trials - Knowledge of clinical trial conduct, and skill in applying applicable clinical research regulatory requirements, i.e. ICH GCP and relevant local laws, regulations and guidelines, towards clinical trial conduct.
• Knowledge of clinical trials - Broad protocol knowledge, therapeutic knowledge desired.
• Knowledge of clinical trials - Good understanding of the competitive environment and how to communicate/demonstrate value through IQVIA solutions.
• Communication - Strong presentation skills.
• Leadership - Ability to work through others to deliver results to the appropriate quality and timeline metrics, monitoring/managing performance and providing feedback, experience productively partnering cross functionally and with customers to advance work effectively and efficiently.
• Prioritization - Ability to work strategically to realize project goals, identifying and developing positive and compelling visions for the successful delivery of the project.
• Collaboration - Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients. Excellent customer management skills and demonstrated ability to understand customer needs Effective mentoring and training skills, fostering learning and knowledge sharing with colleagues.
• Cross-collaboration - Ability to work across geographies displaying high awareness and understanding of cultural differences. Good understanding of other IQVIA functions and their inter-relationship with Project Leadership.
• Finances - Good understanding of project financials including experience managing, contractual obligations and implications.
• IQVIA Core Competencies - Ability to demonstrate all IQVIA competencies (Client Focus, Collaboration, Communication, innovation, Ownership).
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for such an accommodation.
IQVIA is a world leader in using data, technology, advanced analytics, and expertise to help customers drive healthcare – and human health – forward. Together with the companies we serve, we are enabling a more modern, more effective and more efficient healthcare system, and creating breakthrough solutions that transform business and patient outcomes.
To get there, it takes diverse skills and a curiosity to explore new possibilities. No matter your role, everyone at IQVIA, including our colleagues at Q² Solutions, contributes to our shared goal of improving human health. Thank you for your interest in growing your career with us.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- IQVIA Jobs