Unifrax Application Engineer - ITM & Specialty Insulation in Buffalo, New York
Why work for us?
Alkegen brings together two of the world’s leading specialty materials companies to create one new, innovation-driven leader focused on battery technologies, filtration media, and specialty insulation and sealing materials. Through global reach and breakthrough inventions, we’re delivering products that enable the world to breathe easier, live greener, and go further than ever before.
With over 60 manufacturing facilities with a global workforce of over 9,000 of the industry’s most experienced talent, including insulation and filtration experts, Alkegen is uniquely positioned to help customers impact the environment in meaningful ways.
Alkegen offers a range of dynamic career opportunities with globe-spanning reach. From production operators to engineers, technicians to specialists, sales to leadership, we’re always looking for top talent ready to bring their best. Come grow with us!
Responsibilities• Complete application engineering requests for valued distributors, new customers, sales development teams, customer service teams, and field sales engineers .
• Be knowledgeable of entire product portfolio and display technical expertise regarding their limitations and applications.
•Provide technical support by working directly with customers to understand specific technical requirements, installation issues, and ultimately recommend appropriate products that meet their needs.
•Guide the strategy and execution of engineered installation drawings.
•Complete technical service requests and write reports as assigned. This includes conducting laboratory tests in effort to qualify new or existing products, predict product performance, competitive analysis, and assist in complaint resolution.
•Maintain effective communication to build relationships with customers and field sales engineers.
•Conduct on-site visits, application surveys, and site supervision as required.
• Provide product samples according to customer needs.
• Develop presentation materials for educating customers on the use of assigned materials developed by Unifrax.
• Collaborate with manufacturing teams to facilitate the fabrication of non-standard materials and coordinate project production schedule in timely manner.
• Assist with the development of product information and application stories for marketing and sales teams.
• Collaborate in a team approach with employees across multiple functions and departments including Customer Service, Marketing, Sales Development Team, Application Engineering, and Product Development.
• B.S. degree or greater in engineering discipline, preferably in mechanical, ceramic, or materials science.
• Must have experience and knowledge in computer aided design (AutoCAD proficiency preferred), and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Must be self-directed, competence in personal time and strong project management skills are expected.
• Proven technical and problem-solving skills.
• Highly organized and detail-oriented.
• Ability to relate technical information to non-technical customers.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, customer service and sales skills.
• Engineering design and thermal management experience
If you are interested in being part of a world class engineer function here at Alkegen then we would love to hear from you.
Alkegen is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion throughout the organization. We recognize that we can learn better together with a diverse team of employees and that our individual differences, experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation.
Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, nation of origin, religion, color, gender identity and expression, age, disability, education, opinions, culture, languages spoken, veteran’s status, or any other protected class.