PPD Senior Manager, Contracts - CNT SVC in Brussels, Belgium
Senior Manager, Contracts - EMEA
We are vital links between an idea for a new medicine and the people who need it. We are the people of PPD — thousands of employees in locations worldwide connected by tenacity and passion for our purpose: to improve health. You will be joining a truly collaborative and winning culture as we strive to bend the time and cost curve of delivering life-saving therapies to patients.
Our goal-driven teams combine and deliver startup activities for the clinical trials, collaborating to improve processes, cycle and flexibility. We partner with our sites, businesses and colleagues around the world to decrease startup timelines and exceed expectations.
The Senior Manager, Contracts, oversees the staff involved in the preparation, negotiation and finalization of the templates, process and negotiation parameters. Liaises and establishes effective relationships with clients and internal functional teams and ensures quality, objectivity and risk analysis in the efficient delivery of templates, process and negotiation parameters. This role serves as multi-regional SME in contractual risk assessment, as well as, training materials.
In this role you will have the following responsibilities:
• Manages staff, which may include interviewing and selection, job description preparation, professional development, goal setting, performance management, coaching and mentoring, and a range of tasks associated with staff management.
• Drafts, reviews, negotiates and finalizes templates, process and negotiation parameters with clients in accordance with contractual considerations and processes.
• Negotiates within approved parameters investigator grant budget negotiation parameters, contractual terms and conditions in accordance with contractual considerations, client contractual considerations and established process with clients and follows established escalation routes.
• Ensures collaboration, quality alignment with terms and conditions, process and client expectations with assigned team members.
• Identifies and assesses legal, financial and operational risks in accordance with approved company and client contractual considerations.
• Acts as a lead regional interface and escalation contact with external clients.
• Provides recommendations and alternative resolutions to negotiations to internal and external clients and may lead change initiatives within the department.
• Works with internal functional departments to facilitate coordination of site startup activities.
• Completes tracking and reporting as required and contributes to change initiatives within the department.
• Acts as multi-regional or global subject matter expert in review of training materials and prepares/approves and leads training activities as requested by leadership. Communicates, trains and provides approved templates, process and negotiation parameters and client expectations to assigned teams and may assist with training material preparation or delivery of training to teams.
• Provides multi-regional or global oversight, contractual risk assessment in accordance with established contractual considerations, liaise, through established channels, with the Legal Department, during country process improvement initiatives
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
• Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 8 years).
• 2 years of management responsibility
• Mastery understanding of the principles of contract law, including a general understanding of laws that influence contract language, such as business, intellectual property and local tax and stamp laws across several regions
• Mastery knowledge and understanding of effective negotiate with in parameters
• In-depth understanding of business, contractual and financial principles that related to service agreements
• Effective communication skills (verbal & written) in English
• Broad drafting and negotiation skills
• Demonstrated ability to attention to detail
• Excellent analytical and decision-based thinking skills
• Ability to work independently or in a team environment
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Working knowledge of PPD SOP & WPDs
• Able to organize competing priorities logically and review outstanding contractual risk and issues
• Ability to demonstrate a customer focused style of communication, problem solving and collaboration
• Able to effectively use automated systems and computerized applications
• Flexible and able to multitask and prioritize competing demands/workload
• Demonstrated ability to manage, train and mentor staff/others
• Excellent problem solving, risk assessment and impact analysis skills
• Demonstrated high level of organizational skills
• Demonstrated ability of timely and appropriate use of escalation pathways
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognise the power of being one team. We understand that you will want to grow both professionally and personally throughout your career, and therefore at PPD you will benefit from an award-winning learning and development programme, ensuring you reach your potential.
As well as being rewarded a competitive salary, we have an extensive benefits package based around the health and well-being of our employees. We have a flexible working culture, where PPD truly value a work-life balance. We’ve grown sustainably year on year but continue to offer a collaborative environment, with teams of colleagues eager to share expertise and have fun together. We are a global organisation but with a local feel.
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing -We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.
As we are likely to receive many applications, sometimes we are unable to provide feedback to everyone.
Job: *Site Startup
Organization: *GB BU
Title: Senior Manager, Contracts - CNT SVC
Location: Europe, Middle East %26 Africa
Requisition ID: 194636
Other Locations: IE-IE-Athlone-Athlone IE Business %26 Tech Pk, NL-NL-Bennekom-Bennekom NL Bornweg 12c, BE-BE-Brussels-Brussels BE St Stevens Woluwe, ES-ES-Madrid-Madrid ES - Titan, 15, GB-GB-Cambridge-Cambridge GB Granta Park1, IT-IT-Segrate (MI)-Milano IT Via San Bovio, FR-FR-Ivry-sur-Seine Ced-Ivry-sur-Seine Cedex FR PVC
PPD is an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength fosters and environment of mutual respect. PPD provides equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other status within any other protected group
- PPD Jobs