Medical Mutual of Ohio Accounting Assistant II in Brooklyn, Ohio
Note, requires (1) day per week in-office in Brooklyn, OH .
Completes operational procedures to administer the financial aspects of self-insured related products. Interfaces with both internal and external customers. Performs a supporting role in the monthly close process.
· Processes and handles operational functions such as premium receipts, claims billing and receipts, vendor payables and payment activities, and provider refund processing.
· Reconciles or reviews assigned bank accounts ensuring the accuracy of reported balances. Researches any reconciling items and takes necessary action to correct these items. Processes claim refunds and make regular deposits, monitors positive pay transmissions and investigates exceptions.
· Assists with the monthly financial closing by preparing monthly general ledger journal entries and account reconciliations that impact assigned balance sheet and income statement accounts.
· Enters data from system generated disbursement reports into an Excel spreadsheet. Identify and report any "out of balance" or "irregular" activity.
· Processes tax related items (e.g., 1099 processing, B-Notices, back-up withholding, etc.).
· Logs customer receipts into Access database.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
· High school diploma or GED required. Associate's degree preferred.
· 2 years of recent accounting and related experience.
Technical Skills and Knowledge
· Basic working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) accounting theory and practice.
· Intermediate MS Office Skills, including MS Access.
Medical Mutual is looking to grow our team! We truly value and respect the talents and abilities of all of our employees. That's why we offer an exceptional package that includes:
A Great Place to Work:
Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio. Year after year we've received this recognition!
On-site wellness center at most locations. Enjoy personal trainers, towel service, locker room, weight room, elliptical machines, and a variety of classes!
On-site cafeteria serving hot breakfast and lunch, at most locations. Choices ranging from salad bar, made to order, hot and cold sandwiches, or a variety of entrees cooked fresh daily. Convenience store at most locations
Employee discount program. Discounts at many places in and around town, just for being a Medical Mutual team member
Business Casual attire
Excellent Benefits and Compensation:
Competitive compensation plans
Employee bonus program
401(k) with company match and an additional company contribution
Excellent medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance
An Investment in You:
Career development programs and classes
Mentoring and coaching to help you advance
Education reimbursement up to $5K per year
About Medical Mutual:
We strive to create peace of mind. Our customers can trust us to do things right and to help them get value from their health plan. We're the largest health insurer in Ohio and for over 85 years, we've been serving our members and the Ohio communities where they live and work. Medical Mutual is a Top Place to Work in Northeast Ohio with exceptional career opportunities that offer challenge, growth and a great work/life balance. We want talented, innovative, and driven people to help us continue to be the best health insurance choice of Ohioans and help make Ohio the best it can be! Our headquarter building is located in the heart of downtown Cleveland and we have multiple offices throughout the state. Join us at one near you!
At Medical Mutual and its family of companies we celebrate differences and are mutually invested in our employees and our community. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse and nicotine testing.
Title: Accounting Assistant II
Requisition ID: 2300583