SCO Family of Services PM Playroom Child Care worker in Brooklyn, New York
SCO Family of Services has provided vital human services throughout New York City and Long Island for more than 100 years. SCO helps vulnerable New Yorkers build a strong foundation for the future. We get young children off to a good start, launch youth into adulthood, stabilize and strengthen families and unlock potential for children and adults with special needs.
SCO Family of Services welcomes you to join our family and help us work together to carry out our mission to build a stronger tomorrow.
Bethany Mother Child Program is seeking a PM Playroom Child Care worker to work in our onsite playroom. Child Care worker must have a passion for working with infants and young children, ages birth to four, and experience working with this age group. The Bethany Mother Child Program serves parenting teens and young adults and the Child Care worker should be comfortable working closely with mothers in the house, supporting them in their development of parenting skills.* *
The PM Child Care worker for Bethany House will be responsible for the following:
- Work in and manage the in-house Playroom during the evening hours, 4pm-12midnight
- Consistently communicate with Sr Playroom Child Care worker who works 8am to 4pm
- Complete Playroom Inventories as needed
- Organize and implement “bedtime groups”
- Model positive parenting and responsive care techniques.
- Provide a safe, clean and caring living environment.
- Conduct infant and toddler screenings with teen moms or support other house staff in completing the screenings
- Prepare meals and feed children in care.
- Provide Night care for children in care, including but not limited bathing, reading, etc.
- Attend to the social and emotional needs of the children in care, including providing comfort, play and guidance.
- Implement a nightly routine to create predictable and calm environment
- Accurately complete reports and other playroom paperwork.
- Clean playroom materials and environment.
- Encourage parent-child bonding in playroom during open hours to promote healthy parent child bond
- Appropriately redirect negative parenting behavior whenever it occurs.
- Maintain professional, positive and encouraging relationships with all residents, family members, and agency staff.
- Be able to lift 50LB.
- Be able to work Mon-Fri 4:00PM to 12:00PM.
- Eager to attend trainings toward certification in working with the birth to age 4 population.
- Work under the direction of the Infant MH Program Manager, IMH Specialist, and with the Sr. Playroom Childcare Worker, Family Specialist, Mental Health Coordinator and House Manager/Supervisor.
- When no children are in care, perform additional house duties as assigned.
- Minimum of HS Diploma or GED required.
- This position requires successful completion of Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) training, which includes a written test and demonstration of the competency to perform physical restraints, as specified by the program and regulatory body. Additionally, staff must successfully complete all required TCI refreshers in order to maintain continued employment.
- This position requires the ability to engage in assigned training courses that focus on Infant and Early Childhood development and mental health.
- CPR certification a plus.
- NY driver’s license is a plus.
- Prior experience working with children under the age of 6.
- Experience in child welfare is a plus.
- Must be able to provide references.
SCO Family of Services is an Equal Opportunity Employment Employer.
Job: *CHILD CARE WORKER -047
Title: *PM Playroom Child Care worker *
Location: New York-Brooklyn-Bedford-Stuyvesant
Requisition ID: 43856