SCO Family of Services Director of Youth and Community Development in Brooklyn, New York
SCO Family of Services is looking for a leader and team builder to facilitate our efforts to deepen the collective impact on, and positive outcomes for, at-risk families in the community and youth involved in the juvenile justice and foster care systems. The Director of Youth and Community Development will administer both community based and foster care direct service programming and initiatives. The Director of Youth and Community Development will report directly to the VP of Youth Justice and Residential Services.
The Director of Youth and Community Development will work directly with the Executive Vice President of Child, Family and Community Services on special projects as needed to develop and implement best practice initiatives, engage in community partnerships and create an integrated network of services that work effectively together. The Director of Youth and Community Development will work collaboratively with senior leaders to develop initiatives designed to incorporate youth and family voice/choice in agency practice, policy and procedure. Additionally, the Director of Youth and Community Development will align activities with the SCO Family of Services’ commitment to antiracism, diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) work.
Direct oversight of Fatherhood Initiative program
- Direct oversight of Foster care FTC team
- Supervise the Community Coordinator; establish and work to maintain strategic partnerships with community based organizations, public agency and government partners.
- Work collaboratively with leadership to develop and implement initiatives designed to ensure youth and family voices are reflected in agency policy, practice and procedure.
- Work collaboratively with EVP on special projects and initiatives designed to facilitate community partnerships and improve practice and outcomes.
- Work with colleagues to develop internal and external synergies designed to improve outcomes for clients
- Represent SCO at community events and meetings.
- Work collaborative with PQI to develop metrics and KPIs.
- Use data to set performance goals and measure outcomes.
- Collaborate with development team on fundraising initiatives and funding streams.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Masters in social work, public administration or other human service field required
- Minimum of 2 years in a management level position.
- Possesses a social justice perspective, anti-racism lens and an ability to collaborate with culturally and socioeconomically diverse groups.
- Strong project management and group facilitation skills.
- Self-initiated, motivated and well-organized.
- Proficient with data systems, social media, Microsoft Office tools.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends to attend community events or meetings.
- Lived experience a plus
A work station or shared office in GFLC and Restoration Plaza with a desk-top, as well as additional equipment to manage the position in the field – laptop and smart phone. Working from home as necessary with appropriate technology.
Master’s in social work, counseling, human services, or related field; LMSW preferred.
At least 5 years supervising or directing family focused programs.
Previous direct service work with men and families.
Demonstrated group facilitation skills.
Preference given to candidates from the communities in Brooklyn primarily served.
Self-initiated, motivated and well-organized.
Possess a social justice perspective and ability to collaborate with culturally and socioeconomically diverse groups.
Excellent writing and communication skills.
Facility with data systems and Microsoft Office tools.
Flexibility to work evenings and Saturdays.
Job: *PROGRAM DIRECTOR -101
Title: Director of Youth and Community Development
Location: New York-Brooklyn-Bedford-Stuyvesant
Requisition ID: 43554