The Jewish Board Bookkeeping Clerk in Brooklyn, New York
Make a bigger difference
To oversee bookkeepers throughout the Mishkon Division, including all the ICFs, IRAs, and Medicaid Waiver.
- Prepare Accounts Payable documents per agency standards.
- Supervise bookkeepers from other department to ensure the highest standards.
- Distribute and Reconcile petty cash.
- Monitor Independent Contractors time to ensure they are working within the allotted time contracted to them.
- Monitor computer software to track payments.
- Serves as backup for bookkeeping staff as necessary due to heavy workloads or temporary absences.
- When necessary assist in the vetting process of new vendors.
- Supervise daily/monthly billing for the residential programs.
- Monitor monthly day program billing.
High school diploma or its equivalent, associates or bachelor's degree preferred.
4+ years of bookkeeping experience.
Knowledge and practice beyond basic bookkeeping.
Ability to maintain bookkeeping records on computer.
Ability to work independently and make decisions in accordance with established policies and regulation.
Must be knowledgeable computer software including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and basic internet functions.
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This applies with respect to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, termination, assignments, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and all other terms and condition of employment as well as general treatment during employment.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities, without regard to any protected classifications, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Any employees who need assistance to perform their job duties because of a physical or mental condition should contact human resources.
- Job Family Program Administration \[500s\]
- Job Function Misc Professionals
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator 8810 - Clerical Office Employees NOC
- Required Education High School