BronxCare Health System Patient Care Manager in Bronx, New York
The Patient Care Manager is responsible 24/7 for quality and safety of outcomes of their assigned unit. The Patient Care Manager facilitates employee and patient satisfaction through professional oversight.
Establish and maintain positive relationships with patients, visitors, and other employees. Interacts professionally, courteously, and appropriately with patients, visitors and other employees. Behaves in a manner consistent with maintaining and furthering a positive public perception of BronxCare Health System and its employees.
Contributes to and participates in the Performance/Quality Improvement activities of the assigned department. Contribution and participation includes data collection, analysis, implementation of and compliance with risk management and claims activities, support of and participation in Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) teams, consistent adherence to the specific rules and regulations of the BronxCare Health System (a) Safety and Security Policies, (b) Risk Management: Incident and Occurrence Reporting, (c) Infection Control Policies and Procedures and (d) Patient and Customer Service.
CUSTOMER PATIENT FOCUS: Utilizes the principles of leadership established by the AONE and ANA
• Communicate in a professional manner, counsels in private and praises in public
• Follows telephone etiquette
• Role model behaviors and promotes patient experience
• Follows HIPAA Guidelines established by BCHS
- LEADERSHIP RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT: The ability to communicate clearly and concisely with internal and external customers, establishes and maintains relationships, and facilitates constructive interactions with individuals
• Establishes policy, systems and structures that support interdisciplinary collaboration.
• Develops processes and structures to promote and strengthen collaborative relationships among PCMs, and interdepartmental counterparts.
• Coaches Staff on effective communication strategies.
• Applies and communicates effective and principle-based labor dispute resolution strategies.
• Facilitates timely disciplines, action and conferences and completion of documents
• Tracks and trends staff disciplinary records of conference
- LEADERSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES: The ability to inspire individuals and organizational excellence, create a shared vision and successfully manage change to attain the organization’s strategic ends and successful performance.
• Demonstrates congruence between leadership behavior and values and beliefs about patient care and nursing.
• Develops staff using effective coaching skills to achieve departmental goals.
• Collaborate in the implementation of the organization’s Patient Safety and Quality Care initiatives
• Together with the nursing leadership team creates partnerships between units and PCS Leadership.
• Creates unit structure, and implements planned evidence based change.
• Participates with Director in the development of unit budget for the Division of Nursing
• Manages budget for defined area; provides cost-effective use of resources, to provide care.
• Participates in and represents the Department of Nursing in departmental and organizational forums and meetings.
• Ensures compliance with standards of regulatory agencies, including The Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations and NYDOH.
• Participates in activities which promote own professional growth and development. Is a member of a local or national nursing organization
• Demonstrates expert application of nursing practice as a role model and consistently promotes the professional image of nursing in demeanor, appearance, attitude and behaviors
• Facilitates teamwork at all times, addresses issues and concerns with peers, subordinates and supervises with a positive problem solving approach. Is approachable and cooperative.
• Implements a safe staffing model based on patient acuity and scope of service, monitoring trends and productivity.
• Participates in processes and systems for effective cost control and communicates to staff effectively regarding its significance to organizational outcomes.
- PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE: The ability to design and implement strategies that maximize foster and high ethical standards in meeting the organization’s vision, mission and goals. Describe responsibility:
• Assist in the identification of comprehensive performance improvement initiatives.
• Promotes an ethical climate that addresses accountability for the safety and welfare of the patients.
• Facilitates patient care processes that integrate the recommendations of regulatory requirements and evidenced based practice.
• Understands the principles of corporate compliance and creates unit based awareness.
• Creates and adheres to a systematic process to evaluate the ethics of care within the unit.
- ACCOUNTABILITY/WORK ETHIC
• Demonstrates an understanding of the organizations fire/safety plan, emergency preparedness plan and patient safety goals
• Wears employee ID badge at all times
• Demonstrates flexibility in schedule to accommodate organization needs
• Accepts special projects as determined by AVP/DON & CNO.
• Maintains an appropriate professional appearance
Five years of experience in acute care nursing with a preference of two years as charge, preceptor, educator or assistant nurse care coordinator.
New York RN Licensure – Current Registration
BCLS and pertinent clinical experience and/or training for specialty area
Master’s in Nursing Healthcare or Business Administration
Decision making and problem solving
Works as a team player. Demonstrates respect and professionalism in all interactions communicates effectively
Demonstrates leadership skills with ability to meet deadlines and other expectations
Extensive Computer Knowledge
Requisition ID: 2023-4037
External Company URL: https://www.bronxcare.org/
Street: 1650 Grand Concourse
Division: Bronxcare Hospital Center - Concourse
Name: Nursing Float Pool - Concourse (BHCS)