Sika Advanced Process Control Engineer in Brighton, Colorado
Advanced Process Control Engineer
Brighton, CO, US, 80601
Job Category: Operations
Brand: Master Builders Solutions Yellow
Job Type: Full Time
Work Location: On-Site
Contract Type: Permanent
Master Builders Solutions is a global brand of advanced chemical solutions for construction. Our comprehensive construction chemicals portfolio includes concrete admixtures, waterproofing solutions, concrete repair and protection solutions, performance grouts and performance flooring solutions. We offer advanced chemical solutions for new construction, maintenance, repair or renovation of structures. Our employees form a global community of construction chemicals experts that are passionate about solving our customers’ specific challenges at all stages of construction as well as throughout the lifecycle of the structure. We constantly strive to solve tomorrow’s challenges through our talented people, sound science, innovation, and communication with our global partners. We provide new solutions to satisfy industry demand for specific structure strengths, while understanding the need for sustainability, and environmental-consciousness.
This is just a high-level overview of the role we need you to fill for us.
The Advanced Process Control Engineer is responsible for providing expertise in the functional design and implementation of process automation applications, such as
control strategies, Human-Machine-Interface design, and Manufacturing Execution System applications. This includes Implementing APC applications, which will include developing the design, performing detailed engineering activities, collaboration with various stakeholders to implement the applications and providing training. This position will work closely with site Operations to ensure that all shift s can execute the operating plan as intended on a daily basis, as well as, support Engineering team and sites with control system and process expertise.
• Provide expertise in the functional design and implementation of process automation applications, such as process control strategies, Human-Machine-Interface design, and Manufacturing Execution System applications
• Identify and develop cost/benefit analysis for potential new projects
• Implement APC applications, which will include developing the design, performing detailed engineering activities, collaboration with various stakeholders to implement the applications and providing training
• Sustain APC applications. Analyze and track performance. Identify and correct problems. Develop and provide additional training when required
• Provide leadership on project teams, which will include assisting with developing project approval packages, participate in approval review meetings, developing packages for contractors/vendors and perform contractor selection
• Troubleshoot processes and process control problems. Identify causes and make recommendations for improvements and/or implement improvements
• Continuous improvement of project execution and sustainment practices, ensuring alignment with other automation disciplines. Evaluation of new developments in advanced process control technology. Maintain overview of APC activities in the region.
• Daily responsibilities include process optimization & control system programming, including base logic, graphics, and batch programming for site control system.
• Work closely with site Operations to ensure that all shifts can execute the operating plan as intended on a daily basis.
• Lead training efforts for site automation
• Support Engineering team and sites with control system and process expertise
• BS/MS in Chemical Engineering (preferred) or Electrical Engineering and minimum 6+ years of experience in an Advanced Process Control environment and manufacturing experience in a chemical plant operation
• Must have strong technical knowledge in Advanced Process Control engineering and control systems, and knowledge of the various types of pressure, level, temperature, flow instrumentation and variable frequency drive.
• Must have strong technical skills in the fundamentals of unit operations, such as (batch) reactors, heat exchangers, mixers, and extruders.
• Understand plant process control and advanced process control techniques and how they can be applied to monitor, control and/ or improve plant performance
• Understanding of remote IO, field instrumentation and control valve functionality
• Experience in DCS/PLC programming (ABB preferred) platforms, including base logic, graphics, and batch language will be required
• Proficiency in supporting distributed control systems and programmable logic controllers
• Strong communication, computer skills, and organizational skills
• Demonstrated work experience implementing process control projects in Chemical industry
• Having demonstrated work experience in identifying and implementing advanced process control projects in the Chemicals, Refining or Petrochemicals industry is an advantage
• Knowledge of Fieldbus, Profibus DP & PA, Profinet, ASi-bus, Ethernet IP, and other instrumentation communication networks.
• Knowledge of PIMS such as AspenTech and OSI PI preferred
• Knowledge of Safety Instrumented System (SIS) preferred
• Knowledge of electrical equipment preferred
• Working knowledge of networking and interaction between PLC, DCS, SCADA, PIMS and IS systems
• Strong interpersonal skills are required to interface with other departments on and off site
• Entrepreneurial Actions - Proactively obtains the necessary information and confidently makes timely decisions
Your Contact Person
Production Recruiter | Construction Systems
Master Builders Solutions
889 Valley Park Drive South | Shakopee, MN 55379 | email@example.com
HR policies and employment contracts state that Sika is an equal opportunities employer. It thus is committed to treating all staff equally, refraining from any discrimination based on race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender.
- Sika Jobs