Health First Supervisor, Logistics & Operations Management - Holmes Regional Medical Center, General Stores, Full Time in Brevard County, Florida
This position is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of Materials Management in assigned areas, and supported activities to achieve or exceed Health First, Inc. goals and objectives. Provides Logistic Services to all departments and distributes medical supplies or equipment to supported customer areas in a timely manner. Services to include shipments, receiving, distribution, inventory, and materials management. Monitors and ensures necessary inventory is always in stock and current, along with managing inventory levels and maintaining a neat and organized storeroom. Organizational skills and attention to detail, computer knowledge, inventory management experience, and excellent customer service are important components of this position. Duties include management of staff as it relates to managing inventory, picking products, replenishing, requisitioning, shipping, and receiving. Duties are not limited to the supply room but extend to all areas of the hospital. Provide leadership and mentor several direct reports to ensure they effectively process receipts as well as inventory, store, distribute and manage medical supplies and equipment, efficiently and in a cost-effective manner. Provide the highest level of professional customer service to Health First customers.
Direct supervision of designated supply and inventory locations ensuring all material is placed into proper location, correct quantities, first in, first out material is adhered to, and proper ordering processes are followed. Ensure lean inventory methods are exercised to comply with quality control guidelines.
Coordinates critical back-order situations with the customers for resolution.
Leads the assessment, rebuild, redesign assigned inventory locations to ensure they are properly organized and labeled according to 7S principals (Sort, Store, Shine, Standardize, Sustain, Safety, Security), creating clean, uncluttered, safe and organized environment (relabeling bins and reorganizing bin locations aligned with care)
Works closely with Nursing/Clinicians to review assigned inventory levels on a quarterly basis and ensure inventory is continuously optimized. Works with Supply Chain Management team in the event of recalls pulling relevant products and product conversions.
Represent Supply Chain Management in the surveillance of customer service satisfaction through face-to-face interactions and complaint management to improve logistics and materials management deficiencies in customer service and experience.
Examine and implement staff productivity measures and takes action to maximize operational output, ensures that key performance indicators are developed by area, and monitors results
Supports organization and departmental policies, programs, and procedures. Responsible for adhering to the established standards of courtesy.
Understand and implement Hospital/Department policies and procedures to ensure effective delivery of department services. Ensures quality systems, processes, and regulatory compliance with OSHA, TJC, ACHA, HIPAA, etc.
Assist in the management of materials in support of Disaster/Hurricane activities. Work closely with departments to ensure supplies and equipment are prepositioned or packaged in the event of need and validate compliance to ensure patient care is not compromised
10.Adheres to and directs departmental personnel on departmental policies and procedures
11.Responsible for interviewing, hiring, on boarding, training, coaching performance management and improvement
12.Performs other duties as assigned. Helps other associates’ complete tasks in the materials function that are not within the job description.
▪ Associate degree in Materials Management, Logistics, Business, or a related field; Bachelors preferred. Experience may substitute for education requirement
▪ Minimum of 5 years position related experience and 2 years of supervisory level experience preferred. Healthcare supply chain experience preferred
▪ Communicate clearly and effectively with internal and external customers
▪ Demonstrated knowledge of supply chain management functions to include shipping, receiving, inventory management, warehouse storage, distribution, and regulations and related safety requirements.
▪ Navigate and manage multiple information systems, experience with PeopleSoft and OptiFlex preferred
▪ Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite to include Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
▪ Demonstrated experience implementing new programs aimed at optimizing department operational efficiencies a plus
▪ Demonstrate problem solving, organization, time management, and prioritization skills.
▪ Ability to travel to multiple sites for consultation with staff, customers, and vendors
▪ Considerable walking, stooping, squatting, lifting, pushing, pulling heavy weights, awkward and bulky boxes, crates while using carts, pallet jacks and other box lifting mechanisms/conveyances
▪ Frequent lifting/pulling of items weighing up to 50 pounds
▪ Operation of various types of manual and motorized material handling equipment used in the transportation of medical supplies and equipment
▪ Respond to a high number of departments and short time frames for task completion
▪ Able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek management assistance as appropriate
▪ Exposed to frequent interruptions from telephones, material management associates, hospital staff and sales representatives
Job: *Corporate Services
Organization: *Holmes Regional Medical Center
Title: Supervisor, Logistics & Operations Management - Holmes Regional Medical Center, General Stores, Full Time
Location: Florida - Brevard County
Requisition ID: 061455