Health First Registry Data Assistant - Holmes Regional Medical Center, Cancer Program Office, Full Time in Brevard County, Florida
To be fully engaged in providing Quality/No Harm, Customer Experiences and Stewardship by maintaining cancer registry patient follow-up according to the Standards of the Commission on Cancer, assisting with oncology patient education, prevention and screening programs and dissemination of information.
- Associate supports engagement through adherence to the I-CARE commitments.
- Adheres to National Patient Safety goals (i.e. use of 2 patient identifiers) when accessing patient information and performance of job duties.
- Follow-up of identified cases
- Reviews and completes follow-up work lists as generated from METRIQ data base.
- Enters patient follow-up information into METRIQ data base which includes date of last contact and cancer status as required.
- Ensures an 80 percent follow-up rate is maintained for all analytic patients from the cancer registry reference date.
- Ensures a 90 percent follow-up rate is maintained for all analytic patients diagnosed within the last five years, or from the cancer registry reference date, whichever is shorter.
- Provides support to Cancer Program Office for a minimum of 1 community events.
- Contributes to the patient experience as evidenced by positive patient satisfaction scores and HCAHPs scores for department/medical center and/or written compliments by patients/others as well as consistent performance of purposeful hourly rounding and bedside shift report.
- Initiates appropriate follow-up techniques.
- Experience in medical records preferred.
- Demonstrate appropriate working knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Ability to sit at a work station and read, type, calculate and answer the telephones for at least six (6) hours.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to use or learn Microsoft Windows, PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Ability to use or learn METRIQ Cancer Registry Data base and METRIQ Reports.
- Ability to switch from one job function to another and return to the first job function and resume work. Agreeable to switching job duties in order to complement team and accomplish objectives.
Job: *Tumor Registrar
Organization: *Holmes Regional Medical Center
Title: Registry Data Assistant - Holmes Regional Medical Center, Cancer Program Office, Full Time
Location: Florida - Brevard County
Requisition ID: 060566