ShopriteX Rainmaker: Insights Sales Manager in Brackenfell, South Africa
The Insights Sales Executive will be required to create advertising strategies and media recommendations for ad campaigns designed to capture potential clients' attention and drive return on ad spend. Using insights from our internal insights' platform REX, you will be required to take both a tactical and strategic view to identify the most relevant target audience segment, demographic, determine the best time to run the campaign and channels to use by applying deep analytical dives into data. The role requires commercial acumen and a deep understanding of the value of 1st party customer data, the ability to identify sales opportunities and analyze closed loop campaign performance. The Insights Sales Executive must be aware of trends in digital and social media, which include keeping abreast of data analytics in the retail space. An insatiable curiosity combined with the ability to translate intelligence and ideas into omnichannel advertising campaigns is essential. The role is measured on lasting internal and external client relationships, short- and long-term campaign performance and the agility to redirect ideas and efforts to achieve sustainable results.
The Insights Sales Executive must have a strong acumen for connecting data and insights to tell stories, a desire to solve problems, and a passion for building and influencing client growth. The Insights Sales Executive must also demonstrate a growth mindset, adaptability in the workplace, and knowledge of the retail and consumer goods industry.
· Contact potential clients to establish rapport and arrange meetings, produce proactive media solutions and advertising opportunities.
· Actively partner with data scientists and product management to deliver industry-leading solutions to clients.
· Promote data-led omnichannel media solutions to address or predict clients' objectives
· Determine key business development KPIs for each new client
· Provide trustworthy feedback and after-sales support, monitor campaigns executed to ensure all deliverables are met working with Ad Operations to guarantee the best possible campaign outcome, report on campaign performance with the ability to distil and curate insights and findings.
· Report on campaign performance with the ability to distil and curate insights and findings.
· Research organizations and individuals to find new opportunities
· Increase the value of current customers while attracting new ones
· Efficient management of all sales processes and systems, keep records of sales, revenue, and invoices
· Actively develop and deepen industry relationships
· Develop a growth strategy focused both on financial gain and customer satisfaction
· Conduct research to identify new markets and customer needs
· Prepare sales contracts ensuring adherence to law-established rules and guidelines
· Build long-term relationships with new and existing customers
· Participate and manage negotiations
· Manage a client portfolio through audience and data led media strategies.
Qualifications and experience
· Bachelor's degree in marketing, media, or similar field – (essential).
· +5 years working experience as a business development manager, sales executive, or a relevant role in Retail Media Sales (Instore & Digital) – (essential).
· Proven background in generating leads via proactive prospecting and sales track record – (essential).
· Exposure to media / client orientated data analytics, insights and reporting including overall campaign performance – (essential).
· Has a well-established external media network
· Existing FMCG Supplier relationships beneficial – (advantageous).
· Proficiency in MS Office and CRM software (e.g. Salesforce)
Key competencies and work ethic
· Retail Media and Sales Market knowledge
· Deep knowledge and passion for data and its range of possibilities, applications, and value for the business. Able come up to speed quickly on our applications, technologies, and processes.
· Ability to analyse shopper insights with a desire to learn more about the trends shaping consumer behavior today, and in the future
· Ability to explore proactively new prospects, sell and provide good customer service
· Ability to track, monitor and report on sales targets and performance
· Ability to put to compile and present a sound business case and media campaign for customers
· Build strong, trusting relationships with suppliers across brand, consumer insights, ecommerce, and advanced analytics to strengthen, deepen and broaden our partnerships in a way that unlocks different budget sources.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with well-developed spoken and written fluency in English along with the ability to convey information and data clearly, accurately, and succinctly.
· Excellent negotiation skills - Able to clearly communicate and modify argument to suit audience. Able to use a range of approaches and strategies to gain support for ideas.
· Exceptional communicator - approachable, adopt a range of influencing and negotiation styles to facilitate and deal with challenges internally and externally.
· Excellent leadership Skills – ability to build strong relationships with clients and colleagues; display a strong team spirit. Ensure that all individuals, team members, and stakeholders feel valued, motivated, and equipped to deliver, develop and build a meaningful career.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills – Integrates multiple data sources to apply strong judgment; applies expertise to execute functions in a competitive, evolving shopper landscape.
· Time management and planning skills - ability to work under pressure and manage multiple demands while organising, prioritising, and reordering workload in a rapidly changing and fast-moving environment.
· Results and quality focused, setting stretch goals for self, while remaining focused and working tenaciously toward meeting and exceeding expectations within quality standards.
· Strong Team player and collaborative partner – Builds meaningful and sound relationships both internally and externally. Manages client expectations well.
· The ability to work autonomously
· Staying up to date with global media trends and insights
· Business acumen - Understands how business operates and the issues and risks that drive technological success and impact commercial viability.