Jacobs Transportation Sr. Project Manager- Design/Build in Boston, Massachusetts
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Are you committed to assisting clients by bringing innovative solutions within highway programs? If so, please explore our Project Manager for our Design/Build projects. By joining us, you’ll be challenged with the overall execution of Design Build projects for Highway or Bridge projects.
When you become part of our team, you’ll perform the following duties related to design-build and design-bid-build highway improvement projects:
• Responsible for the overall coordination and delivery of design on large complex alternative delivery projects to include Design-Build and PPP projects.
• Effectively maintain diverse relationships with the Contractor, Owner Representatives, and any number of project stakeholders and influencers.
• Responsible for the Planning, direction, coordination of multi-discipline staff in a high intensity environment, often including multi-office execution.
• Work directly with project controls and scheduling staff to manage the project, analyze Earned Value and Schedule performance, and effectively work with various team interfaces to ensure that goals or objectives of these projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
• Responsible for the overall quality and coordination of the work performed, client interface, utilization of staff, reputation and reflection of the Team and JACOBS, contract management, billing collection, and control of project profitability
• Establish work plans and multi-disciplinary staffing for each phase of project and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
• Direct and coordinate activities of Project Engineers, Engineers, and Technicians to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
• Participate in interviews and presentations as applicable for support and growth of the Design-Build Practice Nationally.
• Maintain positive relationships with current and past clients as assigned.
• Serve as a representative of Jacobs at meetings, presentations, and public hearings/reviews relative to assigned projects.
• Develop, review and obtain confirmation of financial and project delivery schedule activities of design and construction as they relate to all disciplines involved.
• Identify causes for revisions to projects and whether such changes are billable to the client.
• Assure that project team complies with the contract agreement as well as exercises rigid cost control to implement the approved design within established budget restraints.
• Responsible for the leadership, interpretation, organization, execution and coordination of project assignments and managing projects that are larger in scope and complexity
• Assist in the development of new business, marketing to potential and existing clients
• Work within other subgroups and may interact with clients, contractors, regulatory agencies, other consultants, and professional organizations
• Work will involve attending meetings, making presentations, and responding to questions
• Work closely with other staff in other departments which may not be within the same office
• Other duties as assigned
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
• Substantial professional years of expertise in complex multi-discipline highway project design management, including one or more Design-Build and/or PPP projects as Design Manager
• Registration as a Professional Civil Engineer (P.E.) in Massachusetts and other New England States or the ability to obtain within six months is required
• Travel likely required depending on location of hire.
• Design-build experience in New England
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $15 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 60,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
- Jacobs Jobs