Grant Thornton LLP SEC Audit Senior Associate in Boston, Massachusetts
Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd., one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. We’ve never been a typical professional services firm. We put people first, and that is what sets us apart.
As one of the fastest-growing professional services firms in the world, Grant Thornton LLP is continuously seeking top talent. Discover a place where you'll work with a team of professionals, dedicated to providing bold leadership and distinctive client service. Spend each day engaged in meaningful and challenging work. Be supported in your professional growth and recognized for your contributions.
Audit Senior Associate
Position SummaryGrant Thornton understands how important audited financial statements are to businesses, shareholders/owners, lenders, investors and other stakeholders. We work with some of the country’s most successful private and public companies to first understand their businesses and the risks they face, and then focus our efforts where they matter most. We work with clients to improve their overall financial reporting processes and to help them better understand their businesses. We also consider it our job to continually inform our clients about accounting, financial and regulatory developments that may affect their businesses.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality.
- Run client engagements from start to finish, which includes planning, executing, directing, and completing financial audits and managing to budget.
- Supervise, train, and mentor associates and interns on audit process and assess performance of staff for engagement reviews; perform in-charge role as needed.
- Work with audit team to identify and resolve client issues discovered during audit process.
- Research and analyze financial statements and audit- and tax-related issues utilizing electronic databases, and employ audit software to review and compile financial information.
- Maintain a good working relationship with clients to enhance customer satisfaction and work with client management and staff at all levels to perform audit services.
- Proactively interact with key client management to gather information, resolve audit-related problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
- Assist partners and senior management on proposals and business development calls.
- Gain comprehensive understanding of client operations, processes, and business objectives and utilize that knowledge on engagements.
- Participate in recruiting efforts as needed.
- Attend professional development and training sessions on a regular basis.
Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting. 150 semester hours of education required and a CPA or eligibility to sit is highly desirable.
- Two to four years of progressive public accounting experience with in-charge auditing.
- Strong technical accounting skills with proficiency in US GAAP and GAAS.
- Ability to supervise staff and lead projects.
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships.
- Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing priorities in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, interactive, results-based team environment.
- Strong leadership, recruiting, training, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and project management skills.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and audit preparation software.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites.
- Travel Percentage: 25%
BENEFITS Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits, please visitwww.gt.com.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
FOR LA PROPER ONLY: We will consider all qualified Applicants for employment; including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the city of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. RSRGTH
Title: SEC Audit Senior Associate
Requisition ID: 049469
Grant Thornton LLP
- Grant Thornton LLP Jobs