Cabot Corporation Global Tax Manager in Boston, Massachusetts
The Global Tax Manager is a highly visible, key position within the tax team responsible for ensuring that Cabot complies with its tax reporting obligations. This is a key position within the team with responsibility for financial reporting and projects. This position will participate in all other tax department activities such as international and U.S. tax audits and M&A activity.
• Execute Cabot’s domestic and international tax strategy. Position is responsible for ensuring proper tax provision preparation and all financial reporting requirements related to income and other taxes. Successful candidate will work closely with the global finance team and external tax advisors to ensure optimization of consolidated tax strategy.
• Manage various financial reporting, compliance, and other assigned projects. Independently drive global projects across Tax Function and present to Sr. Mgt Team
• Lead activities around the implementation of tax planning strategies and M&A transactions
• Monitor and analyze changes in tax legislations and advises management on issues related to permanent establishment and other global tax exposures
• Partner with business leaders, finance, treasury, legal, and external advisers on business and tax planning matters
• Research complex tax issues and prepare technical documentation
• Detailed knowledge of U.S. Federal and State corporate tax concepts and informed with regard to changes in tax laws and regulations which affect the company
• Strong organization and project management skills
• Expertise with the various software tools utilized within the department and throughout Cabot; experience with CorpTax provision and compliance software a plus
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to collaborate in a cross functional team environment
• Ability to develop an understanding of global businesses and develop a network of contacts for information about changing business conditions and strategies
• University degree in Accounting. CPA required; advanced Tax degree preferred
• 7 plus years tax experience, preferably with a multi-national manufacturer
Cabot Corporation is a leading global specialty chemicals and performance materials company headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
We strive to be the most innovative, respected and responsible leader in our markets — delivering performance that makes a difference. As a market leader we collaborate with customers to find innovative solutions that will help them advance their own products for a wide range of industries, from transportation and infrastructure to environment and consumer goods. Our customers worldwide trust our solutions to help them address their needs and accelerate innovation in key applications — creating value and delivering an advantage over the competition. To learn more about Cabot products and applications please click here.
Our culture is based on four core values: respect, integrity, responsibility and excellence in everything we do. We understand and value the power of diversity and collaboration. We strive to create an environment that is conducive to the spirit of entrepreneurship, innovation and accountability, and empowers every team member to take responsibility for the execution of our strategy. We support and encourage our people to share ideas and explore ways to do things differently. Our passion for excellence and commitment to creating value and business success creates a culture in which everyone can contribute. We are known as one of the global leaders in safety, health and environmental performance, motivated in large part by the commitment and drive of our colleagues around the world.
Our global network consists of over 40 manufacturing facilities throughout North America, South America, EMEA, and APAC regions. Learn more about Boston site here.
Cabot Corporation is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Requisition ID: 2021-9569
External Company URL: www.cabot-corp.com