Republic Services Chemical Technician in Bloomington, Minnesota
Republic Services is a leader in Environmental Services, partnering with customers to create a more sustainable world.
We are Sustainability in Action — our promise to be environmentally responsible and to help our customers be environmentally responsible too.
Why choose Republic?
Joining Republic isn’t just about taking on a new job, it’s about making a commitment to create a more sustainable world together. Our people provide an essential service, serving and impacting customers, neighborhoods, and communities everywhere.
As a company, we are proud of our values and encourage those who share in our aspirations to join our team:
We protect our colleagues and communities through safe practices everywhere, every day.
We are committed to serving our customers and communities by going above and beyond to exceed expectations.
We take action to improve neighborhoods and communities by being environmentally responsible and creating a more sustainable world.
We are driven to deliver results in the right way.
We encourage a human centered culture that honors the unique potential and dignity of every person.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Non Core Helper – Chemical Technician is responsible for managing collection, segregation and commingling of household hazardous waste (HHW) at the Bloomington, Minnesota collection site.
- • Receives and sorts HHW, problem materials and recyclables. • Lab packs HHW for shipment. • Identifies unknown HHW. • Segregates and tracks free products. • Answers phone calls/disseminates program/waste information. • Labels, marks and updates drums for shipment, logs and documents. • Ensures and maintains cleanliness of facilities, including spill cleanup in accordance with all safety procedures. Ensures compliance with all safety practices, rules, regulations, permits, contracts and county program policies. • Assists with maintaining compliance records. • Participates in and complies with all site, facility and waste inspections. • Operates a forklift and floor sweeper. • Interacts and cooperates with the public, county vendors and other employees. • Performs other duties as assigned.
First aid/CPR certification/training.
Previous experience working with the public.
- Associates degree from an accredited program in Applied Science or Chemical Technology which included 6 chemistry classes; or a four year degree with 6 chemistry classes from an accredited college; or 5 years of work related experience.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, relationship or association with a protected veteran (spouses or other family members), genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Why Work With Us
Republic Services is a place where your effort is always appreciated and your teammates always have your back. When you give us your best, we give you ours. We’re constantly investing in new tools and technology that allow you to do your job safely and effectively. We offer plenty of opportunities to learn and grow within your role. And when we say “Sustainability in Action,” we mean it. Together, we’re leaving the world better than we found it through the work we do every day. Are you in? Keep reading to learn more about the position we’re hiring for.
- Republic Services Jobs