B.L. Harbert International I.T. Systems Administrator (ITSYS002522) in Birmingham, Alabama
At B L Harbert International, we rely on IT systems to help our business reach and succeed with a footprint that spans the globe. We are seeking an experienced systems administrator. This role will work with our existing systems (AWS, Meraki, Okta, to name a few) and help us grow into a new architecture. He or she will learn new technological skills with AWS, Microsoft and other top tier solutions. The nature of our work and our customers leads us to focus on security in every aspect. In this role, the successful individual will protect our critical information, systems, and assets; and build solutions, implement new software and hardware, provide training, and assist in the development of an overall IT strategy. From early on, you will be empowered to assist with projects, be given challenging assignments, lead initiatives, and take ownership and responsibility within our group. Our ideal candidate will be curious about enterprise deployments and system. If you are service minded, want to work for an international company and interested in working with a tightknit group of professionals, come and join our corporate IT group at B L Harbert International, LLC.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Maintain essential IT operations, including operating systems, security tools, applications, servers, email systems, laptops, desktops, software, and hardware
- Own projects, solutions, and key responsibilities within a larger business initiative
- Perform server administration tasks, including user/group administration, security permissions, group/Intune policies, print services, research event log warnings and errors, and resource monitoring, ensuring system architecture components work together seamlessly
- Refine and hone Sharepoint/M365 policies
- Monitor datacenter health using preexisting management tools and respond to hardware issues as they arise; help build, test, and maintain new servers as needed
- Maintain internal infrastructure requirements including, laptop and desktop computers, servers, routers, switches, firewalls, printers, phones, security updates; support internet, intranet, LANs, WANs, and network segments
- Interact with the help desk and other teams to assist in troubleshooting, identify root cause, and provide technical support when needed
- Perform routine/scheduled audits of the systems, including all backups
Skills and Qualifications
- 8-10 years of equivalent work experience and certifications
- Experience with or knowledge of programming/scripting languages such as Powershell, JSON, SQL.
- Experience with managing Windows Server and Linux OS
- Experience in project management, application design and integration, and cloud computing
- Ability to pick up things quickly
- Desire to learn and grow your skills
- Curious about cloud technologies
- Worked for or with a contractor who executes federal contracts
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Worked for project based organization
- At least 8-10 years of experience in Information Systems
- Associate or Professional certifications in AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Knowledge or experience with Office365 and Exchange
- Knowledge or experience with SCCM or Microsoft Endpoint Manager(Intune)
- Knowledge or experience with imaging software such as WDS, Smart Deploy, etc.
- Knowledge or experience with IDP solutions such as Okta, Azure AD, Active Directory, etc.
- Knowledge or experience with Application Delivery products such as Citrix or Azure Workspaces/Virtual desktop
- Experience with Group Policy Management
- Ability to troubleshoot complex issues within the environment
- Knowledge or experience with Cisco products such as Meraki and Webex is a plus.
- Knowledge or experience with Endpoint protection agents such as Trend Micro, Cortex, and Windows Defender, etc.is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)