Marriott Mgr - IT (Centralized Team) in Bethesda, Maryland
Additional Information This is a Shared Services Position.
Job Number 23092534
Job Category Information Technology
Location WEITSS West IT Shared Service, 7750 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, Maryland, United States
Located Remotely? Y
Position Type Management
Contributes general knowledge and skill in technology to provide first-and some second-level support for designated area (end users and/or managed and participating franchise hotels in the Americas). Generally, works within well-established guidelines to complete routine tasks. Responsible for day to day execution of services related to technology and security planning, service desk engagement, implementation, and maintenance. Has knowledge of sophisticated technology equipment/processes and Marriott proprietary systems. Has in depth knowledge of Networking and Server/Desktop Operating Systems (Microsoft Windows based Operating System) and a strong understanding of local property technical configurations and the impact on operations. Works well in a virtual / remote environment.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2-4 years experience in the Information Technology or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Information Technology, or related major; 2 years experience or related professional area.
• System-related professional certifications desired.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Technology Needs within Budget Targets
• Confirms that area is in compliance with appropriate Marriott International Policies (MIPs) and Information Security Manuals (ISMs). Implements solutions as directed to resolve discrepancies.
• Conducts periodic inventories of applications and hardware; prepares reports for property management as requested.
• Confirms that technology assets are secured.
• Complies with technology-related vendor contracts.
• Researches cost-benefits analyses to help leadership makes decisions and set priorities.
Building and Sustaining Relationships with Customers
• Writes and presents proposals, analyses, project plans, cost models, etc. in written and/or oral formats.
• Provides customer service.
• Responds to inquiries from customers/vendors/peer group.
• Provides detailed status reports as requested.
• Maintains an awareness of the interrelationships among on-going activities and plans work assignments and resource allocations accordingly.
Verifying Client Technology Needs are Met
• Verifies compliance across various discipline specific standards, varying by Associate’s specific role/team (i.e., Service Desk Engagement, Security and Technology Compliance, 3rd Party Vendor Support, Technical Resource Standards).
• Provides input and follows standard SOP’s for security, compliance, change control and DR.
• Manages small to medium projects and business processes with little supervision or guidance. May direct and/or influence the work of analysts.
• Serves as escalation point and reference to field IT associates for implementation needs and requirements.
• Audits Americas IT inventories for compliance (i.e. ensuring software inventory compliance, hardware inventories).
• Assists in disaster recovery and business continuity as it relates to technology.
• Provides technical guidance.
• Escalates support for all Marriott approved technology solutions (i.e., mobility devices, GPNS) and Request Center Processes.
• Provides escalation and guidance to property pertaining to guest and associate internet access requirements.
• Escalates problems as appropriate through direct supervisor, and/or IT resources.
• Performs routine desktop backup as scheduled or directed.
• Confirms technology security (i.e., encryption, patch deployment) and technology compliance (i.e., Quarterly ID Audits, MAARK2) measures are in place.
• Supports unit infrastructure (servers, switches, router, Aps, etc.) and engages appropriate MI IT and/or vendor resources.
• Assists in creating and maintaining secure server environment, including server backups and routine preventative maintenance are completed.
• Provides project support for corporate, regional and property initiatives.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law. Marriott International considers for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
- Marriott Jobs