Eversource Energy Supervisor, Electric Service Support Center in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
This position works as part of the Electric Service Support Center (ESSC) team responsible for the high volume of incoming calls and correspondence from its customers, with quality, timeliness, and efficiency. Customer requests may include but are not limited to new installs, upgrades, and removal of electric service, for both residential and commercial customers. Manage, plan, and coordinate all responsibilities associated with the Electric Service Support Center; including but not limited to ensuring a well-trained and fully staffed organization, leveraging systems and technology to ensure superior customer service and positive ratings as measured by Eversource and J. D. Power. Individual will partner with the other Electric Service Support Centers within the Eversource service territory to build synergies, efficiencies, and likeness with performing work tasks across state boundaries and will leverage resources where possible, in an overall effort to provide superior Customer Service.
- Manages and prioritizes the day to day work activities of theElectric Service Support CenterTeam; including but not limited to developing work processes, administering policies and procedures, providing technical expertise and continuously reviewing staffing levels based on call volume, customer correspondence, and seasonal changes.
- Ensures theESSCTeam consistently obtains information relevant to the design and construction of service requests and responds to questions from customers; including but not limited to technical requirements for electric service connections, schedule dates, inspection requirements, license requirements and easement requirements.
- Supports all efforts to ensure theESSCTeam is successful with serving as the primary point of contact and advocate for the customer, contractor, and/or municipal official(s).
- Establishes and maintains relationships and continuously interact with Eversource employees across the organization; including but not limited to Engineering, Electric Operations, Meter Services, Customer Billing Services, and Remittance Services.
- Receives escalated inquiries from contractors, , electricians, , municipalities, and other customers; and responsible for proper and timely response, resolution, and follow-up communications.
- Recommends, evaluates, and implements process improvement initiatives and influences the streamlining of work activities.
- Responsible for the overall success with the New Customer Contact Survey results and any follow up activities and learning opportunities based on customer feedback.
- Leads the interview process for new hires and responsible for goal setting, mid-year reviews, annual performance reviews, coaching, employee development, and disciplinary action.
- Assumes lead roles in special projects.
- Computer experience including Microsoft Word and Excel is required
- Utility and/or electrical experience is preferred
- MAXIMO Work Asset Management System experience is desired
C2 experience is desired
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Capable of providing superior customer service
- Highly self-directed and able to work both independently and in conjunction with the Customer Group Management Team
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical technology, business, or equivalent experience
- Five (5) plus years of related experience is required
Licenses & Certifications:
- Individual must hold a valid motor vehicle operator’s license
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location
Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary
JOIN OUR TEAM!
Eversource is recognized as one of the top utilities in the country specializing in energy efficiency solutions for our customers. Our team of energy experts work with residents, businesses, designers, and contractors across New England to advance clean energy solutions. We provide our customers with the expertise necessary to improve comfort, increase business performance, and lower energy costs. We are building the region’s premier energy efficiency team and are seeking candidates from diverse backgrounds.
Serving more than 3.6 million electric and natural gas customers in Connecticut, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire, and employing a workforce of more than 8,000 New Englanders, Eversource represents one unified company across three states.
The energy efficiency solutions provided by Eversource have received top honors from national organizations such as ENERGY STAR, American Council for an Energy Efficient Economy, and Northeast Energy Efficiency Partnerships. Come make a difference and work for an employer who is a leader in the industry. We have a great working environment, excellent compensation and benefit programs, and opportunities for growth.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs