Microsoft Corporation Senior Software Engineer in Berkeley, California
The Semantic Machines group is bringing next-generation natural language processing (NLP) technologies to products used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide. Our team is pushing the boundaries of NLP and machine learning through a product-focused engineering team working closely with experts from leading research groups across the country. You can hear more about how Microsoft is using this technology to create entirely new kinds of user experiences here: http://semanticmachines.com/ .
We’re looking for engineers to work alongside researchers in shipping innovative language technology platform capabilities. The ideal candidate should be passionate about quality engineering, rapid experimentation, and building high quality tools and processes. No experience with machine learning or natural language processing is required – we’d love to work with people who are excited about the promise of these technologies and the opportunity to make them more accessible to others, regardless of their previous exposure to them.
Build UIs, rich code editors, test harnesses, debugging utilities, and CI/CD pipelines to improve developer productivity and the usability of our language technology platform.
Support researchers in implementing, collecting data for, and evaluating new system capabilities.
Enable rapid experimentation by creating tools for analyzing experiments - visualizing/exploring system behavior, datasets, and internal model representations.
Help build monitoring, telemetry, and other analytics to provide an end-to-end view of our technology and the users’ experiences.
Collaborate with other teams to architect and implement the integration of our technology into existing products being used by millions of users.
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
• 4+ years of professional experience in a full-stack development role.
• Proven ability to take ownership of software projects, including collecting feedback and requirements, collaborating with stakeholders, producing technical designs, and iterating on the resulting software with users over time.
• Demonstrated skill to build understandable, flexible, and performant code.
• Solid understanding of the considerations involved in building developer platforms and network services.
• Experience in technologies we use, including Typescript, React, and Scala/Java, as well as machine learning, natural language processing, or dialogue systems.
• Familiarity with functional programming and static type systems.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form (https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest) .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Microsoft Corporation Jobs