GE Healthcare Staff Software Architect in Bengaluru, India
Job Description Summary
The PCS (Patient Care Solutions) Device platform team is working on building next gen device platform, consisting of a common OS, common compute, and common UI platform. The PCS Device UI platform will develop/deliver and manage a set of common UI components as a platform that will deliver harmonized user experience across the future PCS Device Portfolio.
As a Staff Software Architect, you will be part of our Device UI platform team delivering Core UI Components and Services that empower software teams across four PCS product teams to rapidly create and deliver intuitive and engaging Graphical User Interfaces for Medical focused on acute care and patient monitoring. You will be responsible for overseeing the design, architecture, automation, development, and maintenance of PCS Device UI Platform
GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator. Our mission is to improve lives in the moments that matter. Unlock your ambition, turn ideas into world-changing realities, and join an organization where every voice makes a difference, and every difference builds a healthier world.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role you will be required to:
· Design, develop and maintain/improve GUI application framework features/widgets, middleware communications and other features required of user interface applications for platforms.
· Be a role model and provide technical leadership for team to follow design best practice and customer first mindset.
· Own the analysis, design and development of a roadmap and implementation based upon a current vs. future state in a cohesive architecture viewpoint.
· Conceptualize and drive new features with Proof of Concepts to achieve solutions beyond product areas and influence product roadmap.
· Work in fast paced, agile/scrum development model on cutting edge technologies in delivering integrated software products collaborating with different teams, with a high do/say ratio and uncompromised quality.
· Establish and maintain the platform roadmap and platform-product integration roadmap, collaborating with the platform product manager & product managers that consume the platform.
· Fully own the life cycle of the platform - sustaining engineering that supports forward production and installed base, current development and seeding impactful innovations that feed into future iterations of the platform.
· Represent the platform technology in internal, external and customer forums and in leadership meetings at multiple levels in the organization.
· Research and evaluate emerging technology, industry, and market trends to assist in project development and/or operational support activities.
· Collaborates with Principal Engineers, cross-functional team architects, to understand their evolving requirements and translates them to architectural runway features and executes them.
· Experience leading projects across the product lifecycle – concept creation, new product development, iteration of existing products, sustaining engineering, value engineering, supplier transfers.
· Experience in developing platforms and managing it across the lifecycle, supporting multiple products that leverage the platform.
· Demonstrated experience in delivering high fidelity UI architecture/design with predictability (high do/say ratio).
Expertise in modern software development practices, tools and environments including practical usage of Configuration Management systems, Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery tools.
· Experience working on embedded Linux based platforms, medical devices.
· Proven knowledge of the Software development lifecycle in product delivery and maintenance.
Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM major (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math).
Overall : 12 -15 years of experience
C++, design patterns: 7 + years mandatory
Qt: 5+ years and above Mandatory
QML: 5+ years and above Mandatory
· Minimum of 1 0 years of experience in object-oriented design and programming in a production software environment using Agile development methodologies.
· Minimum 4 years of technical experience in UI architecture development and 5+Years of experience in modular Software application architecture development for embedded systems.
· Expertise in multiple embedded device UI technologies – 5+ years of Qt/QML experience is a must.
· Minimum of 7 years of strong coding experience in C++ and design pattern experience.
Inclusion and Diversity
GE HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer where inclusion matters. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We expect all employees to live and breathe our behaviors: to act with humility and build trust; lead with transparency; deliver with focus, and drive ownership – always with unyielding integrity.
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- GE Healthcare Jobs