Dell Manager 2 - Engineering Manager, Firmware development in Bengaluru, India
Software Engineering Manager
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
Join us as a Software Engineering Manager on our Engineering Development team in [Location] to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Software Engineering Manager, you will oversee the delivery of products within budget, schedule and quality guidelines and manage a team responsible for the design, development, testing, integration, maintenance, documentation and support of software. You will interact with project managers, marketing, sales, procurement, quality, legal and end-users to define application requirements and/or selection of partners.
• Lead and develop a team of software engineers, managing the hiring, staffing and maintenance of a diverse and effective workforce and the career development and performance management of the team
• Analyze and investigate application engineering tasks, and prepare design specifications, analysis and recommendations
• Develop solutions to difficult technical problems, which may require ingenuity and creativity
• Collaborate cross functionally with engineering team members and other engineering groups
• Interface with senior management to report on project and program milestones and present project needs and technical knowledge
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
• 8–12 years of software engineering experience
• At least 2 years of managerial/leadership experience
• Basic knowledge of the PRP, EDP and System Test Process
• Ability to apply Software Lifecycle and Quality Assurance methodologies in a cost-effective manner, to bring high-quality products to market on time
• Bachelor’s degree
• Understanding of software engineering processes and methodologies
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here (https://jobs.dell.com/diversity-and-inclusion) .
Application closing date: DD Month YYYY
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here (https://jobs.dell.com/equal-employment-opportunity-policy-statement) .
- Dell Jobs