System One Palo Alto Engineer in Beltsville, Virginia
IF INTERESTED REACH OUT DIRECTLY TO KSPICER@ALTAITS.COM OR CALL/TEXT #301-252-8762
REQUIRED: ACTIVE OR INTERIM SECRET
Palo Alto Firewall Engineer
Location: This is a hybrid position based out of Beltsville, MD
• BA degree and 6 years of experience; may accept additional experience in lieu of degree.
• In Depth experience using Palo Alto Firewalls and Panorama monitoring tools to troubleshoot and configure a Firewall infrastructure. Strong understanding of networking, proxy, and packet filtering technologies.
• Minimum 5 years IT Customer Support experience (Tier I and/or Tier II).
• First-hand experience with supporting the monitoring and configuration of Firewall/DMZ infrastructure including Network and Application Firewall Packet Filtering technologies (StoneGate, Palo Alto, Cisco Email Security Appliances (ESA), A10 proxy devices).
• CLI experience preferred.
• Experienced in utilizing network monitoring tools such as Nagios and NeuralStar.
• Basic Microsoft Windows Server 2016 implementation and troubleshooting from a security/firewall perspective.
• Intermediate knowledge in configuring Cisco switches.
• Experienced with TCP/IP network implementation and troubleshooting.
Provides Tier 2 support in the monitoring, management, and troubleshooting of perimeter devices to include firewalls, proxies, switches, and mail transport agents.
• Monitor Service Now application for Firewall Operations incident and service requests.
• Implements firewall routing rules and policies, perform troubleshoots of firewall, email, and Proxy platforms for performance issues. Analyzes network traffic captures.
• Escalates issues as required to Tier 3 staff and monitors issues throughout a problem’s life cycle.
• Performs recurring maintenance activities such as device reboots on perimeter devices.
• Records and reports on firewall operations, utilization, and maintenance.
• Collaborate across Bureaus and Agencies to implement and repair network changes as they relate to perimeter security devices.
• Support Diplomatic Security Computer Incident Response Team by implementing IP address blocks requests.
• Routinely updates architecture diagrams using Visio.
• Monitor and perform health checks on multiple perimeter security devices.
• Draft, coordinate and publish outage notifications as required.
• Update shift logs and provide reports to leadership daily.
• Maintain standard operating procedures, work instructions, and other working documents.
• Attend weekly teleconferences, onsite meetings, and participate in working groups as required.
System One, and its subsidiaries including Joulé, ALTA IT Services, CM Access, TPGS, and MOUNTAIN, LTD., are leaders in delivering workforce solutions and integrated services across North America. We help clients get work done more efficiently and economically, without compromising quality. System One not only serves as a valued partner for our clients, but we offer eligible full-time employees health and welfare benefits coverage options including medical, dental, vision, spending accounts, life insurance, voluntary plans, as well as participation in a 401(k) plan.
System One is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, family care or medical leave status, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- System One Jobs