Cardinal Health Cyclotron Engineer in Beltsville PET, Maryland
Your safety is our top priority. We regularly consult with medical professionals on best practices in COVID-19 prevention to protect our employees. We train our employees on these best practices and regularly clean our sites in accordance with CDC guidelines. Please note: All individuals entering our facilities are required to complete a self-health check, wear a mask and follow all posted guidelines
Cardinal Health PET Manufacturing Services is responsible for manufacturing PET isotopes to enhance patient treatment through improved disease diagnosis, staging, and monitoring. Leveraging our fully integrated network of domestic nuclear pharmacies, Cardinal Health PET Manufacturing Services compounds, dispenses and distributes patient-specific, unit-dose PET products in pharmacy markets today.
What Product Engineering contributes to Cardinal Health
Product Engineering is responsible for developing iterations, modifying, implementing and supporting existing products that function within the product families through adherence to established design control processes and good engineering practices.
The primary work environment consists of a cyclotron and associated manufacturing facility for the production of PET radiopharmaceuticals, which must be kept clean, orderly, properly lighted and maintained in optimum operating condition. Employees handle radioactive materials and are exposed to very low amounts of radiation that are deemed safe by current standards. The facility is operated under well-controlled and closely monitored conditions that are regulated by both State and Federal agencies, and that are enforced by the corporate internal quality and regulatory group. Each staff member will receive specific training in keeping radiation exposures within regulatory guidelines and he/she will be routinely monitored fortheir exposure to radiation. Noise levels are considered low to moderate.
The Site Engineer shall perform the following duties. This is not an exhaustive list. Refer to the Duties, Roles and Responsibilities for Nuclear & Precision Health Solutions Site Engineer document for additional clarification:
- Operate, maintain, and repair PET manufacturing facility particle accelerator to support daily production of PET isotopes used for the manufacture of diagnostic imaging agents
- Provide production performance analysis, maintenance and repair of PET Manufacturing production and analytical equipment in accordance with manufacture specifications and cGMP’s
- Effectively execute the established maintenance program for cyclotron facility based on production demands and business needs.
- Assist in training and answering questions from technical operations staff as it relates to operation of production and analytical equipment.
- With assistance from Regional Engineer, conducts ongoing analysis to determine equipment trends and performance metrics to maintain reliable, consistent production.
- Implements course of corrective action, in the case of production limiting issues, with communications to the Regional Engineer.
- Effectively performs the restoration process and notifies Regional Engineer in a timely manner.
- In case of site shutdown, communicates with Regional Engineer and Site Supervisor immediately to determine alternate restoration options and/or establish contingency plans to meet customer product demand.
- Accurately documents all preventative maintenance and repairs to fulfill all State and Federal regulatory requirements and works to minimize interruption of production.
- Provides support to on-site manufacturing Operations staff for troubleshooting and repairing of all cyclotron systems, support, production and quality analysis equipment.
- Provides technical support in investigations of equipment and production failures ensuring root cause analysis and corrective actions are completed to a satisfactory level.
- Supports complex engineering projects and change control activities at the site level, as required.
- Supports the execution of start-up and commissioning activities during restoration for complex maintenance issues.
- Implements performance and reliability improvements for assigned systems with guidance from Regional Engineer.
- Maintains service tools and site level parts inventory as required by the manufacturing preventive / corrective maintenance program.
- Support the coordination of the preventive / corrective maintenance of cyclotron, support, production and quality analysis equipment.
- Perform clerical and administrative services including maintenance records and report preparation.
- Perform general laboratory and facility clean up.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (Biotechnology, Chemistry, Physical Sciences or Engineering)or equivalent work experience preferred
- Specific background and experience in related areas may be substituted for education (i.e. nuclear power school, etc.)
- A minimum of 2+ years related work experience preferred (scientific/engineering/technical field)
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Experience in troubleshooting and repair of large scale (electronic, computing & mechanical) systems
- Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical, formulas, graphs & deal with abstract & concrete variables.
- Should possess a basic understanding of aseptic techniques and processes is preferred
- Experience in pharmaceutical manufacturing in FDA-regulated environment, or comparable mechanical, electronic, laboratory background is preferred
- Working knowledge of Radiation Safety, ALARA Concepts and Radioactive Materials license and handling is preferred
- Attention to detail, good initiative and able to work with changing priorities
- Maintains a clean, safe work environment
- Ability to lift containers weighing up to 50 lbs
- Crawling, stooping, crouching and kneeling
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies working knowledge in the application of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks
- Works on projects of moderate scope and complexity
- Identifies possible solutions to a variety of technical problems and takes actions to resolve
- Applies judgment within defined parameters
- Receives general guidance may receive more detailed instruction on new projects
- Work reviewed for sound reasoning and accuracy
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs