Citigroup Markets Risk & Control - Project Analyst (AVP) in Belfast, United Kingdom
In view of heightened expectations from regulators and to ensure a strong and consistent global control environment, the Markets and Securities Services (MSS) business continues to enhance the Risk & Controls (R&C) function.
This role will report into the MSS R&C Preventative Controls team and will assist in the build and running of new and enhancement of existing front office controls, trade booking and related oversight processes within an integrated infrastructure. This will include implementation and operating of strategic solutions to enhance and monitor controls and to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and with firm Policy and Standards (eg. legal entity authorisation, usage and trading book oversight controls) through the development/enhancement and implementation of efficient control and supervisory tools. A key focus of this role will be remediation of control weaknesses including self-identified, internal audit raised and regulatory matters, for example, the development and implementation of trade booking preventative controls.
This is an exciting opportunity for a practically minded, experienced risk professional with knowledge of traded products combined with a good understanding of front office controls to make a difference and run our Global Markets business for the future. The incumbent will work with the Business and various other groups including Technology, Market Risk and Finance to deliver on both tactical and strategic trade booking controls solutions.
• Assisting in the implementation and operating of our new suite of various Front Office Controls to provide effective monitoring and oversight of trading activity (eg. controls over trading books (ie. firm accounts) and compliance with legal entity booking authorities)
• Ongoing review of existing controls capabilities with the development and/or enhancement of tactical interim tools and input into the design of strategic monitoring solutions in line with our future vision
• Data analysis and interpretation to support the design of controls and processes
• Assist in the timely reporting of risk and subsequent resolution and/or escalation of issues
• Driving innovative analysis and providing regular updates on management of risks and issues
• Risk based assessments to identify significant operational and regulatory risks with associated Front Office processes and the design and implementation of effective and efficient controls to mitigate these
• Developing communication and similar material for presentation to a wide variety of audiences from stakeholders, peers and management. Interacting with Audit and other Control groups to report on our control environment and investigate control failures
• Identification of control gaps and enhancements to our control environment
• Identification and subsequent implementation of process improvement opportunities.
Qualifications and skills required or skills to be developed within the role:
• Undergraduate degree required.
• Good influence management and relationship skills
• Leadership skills in bringing together processes that include different businesses, regions and support functions.
• Knowledge of global markets traded products including downstream processing practices and related control principles a positive.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and “no surprises” approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent reviews
• Global mindset, with regional/product understanding
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Good with MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Job Family Group:
Business Strategy, Management & Administration
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi (https://www.citigroup.com/citi/accessibility/application-accessibility.htm) .
View the "EEO is the Law (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) " poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf) .
View the EEO Policy Statement (http://citi.com/citi/diversity/assets/pdf/eeo_aa_policy.pdf) .
View the Pay Transparency Posting (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf)
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
- Citigroup Jobs