Myers Tire Supply Distribution Inc Senior Staff Accountant in Barberton, Ohio
Myers Tire Supply and Myers Tire Supply International, Myers Industries Companies (NYSE: MYE), serves the complete tire service market. Customers rely on our product selection, product quality, rapid availability and business solutions to grow their businesses. While we sell to anyone who performs tire service, we have custom product solutions for specific markets. MTS buys and sells nearly 10,000 different items - everything professionals need to service passenger, truck, and off-road tires and wheels. Our suppliers are among the most trusted brands in the industry to ensure the highest quality for our customers. The products we sell are associated with superior performance in their area. Job Overview The primary purpose of the Sr Staff Accountant is to assist the Controller with month end close and account reconciliations. This position will analyze financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain a record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within the organization. Duties and Responsibilities
- Month end processes including assigned journal entries and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare monthly sales commissions for payment and review for accuracy and completeness.
- Complete month end close process for International locations and update all related financial reporting.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis as needed for financial variance explanations.
- Perform other accounting/financial responsibilities and assist with special projects as required.
- Cross train with Staff Accountant I.
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to analyze financial data, recognize errors and implement corrections.
- Must have good communication (verbal and written) skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel proficiency, data entry, data retrieval, filing, 10-key, math, problem solving, accounting, record keeping
- Common sense, good judgment, decision-making skills, ability to multi-task and be detail oriented.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years accounting experience or relevant work experience (i.e., internships, summer positions, etc.)
- JD Edwards / ERP knowledge
- Typical office environment
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee regularly is required to walk, climb or balance, and talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Myers Industries, Inc. is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin. Other details
- Job Function Finance and Accounting
- Pay Type Salary
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity