Northern Light Health Registered Nurse I- Psych ( Up tp $15,000 Sign-On Bonus) in Bangor, Maine
Northern Light Acadia Hospital
Department: Psychiatric Unit
Position is located: Acadia
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: 7:00 AM to 7:30 PM
Up to $15,000 Sign-on Bonus
The Registered Nurse I is a Registered Nurse who is a beginning professional caregiver, entering into practice and establishing a professional identity. The incumbent is responsible for the practice of nursing according to the Rules and Regulations defined in the State of Maine Nurse Practice Act, Northern Light Health Standards of Care/Practice, policies and procedures. The Registered Nurse I is responsible for the delivery of patient care to assigned patients, and for the supervision of other qualified staff to whom the Registered Nurse I has delegated patient care in the exercise of his/her independent judgment. The nurse plans and evaluates the nursing care for patients and families and exercises independent judgment in implementing care or assigning the care to other qualified staff. The nurse addresses physical, spiritual, emotional and educational needs of the patient, and coordinates the plan of care with other healthcare professionals. The incumbent performs duties and tasks in accordance with performance standards established for the job.
• Provides safe and effective patient care by using best practices during hand off communication and when reporting patient care information and appropriately asks for assistance from other staff. (Patient Safety)
• Demonstrates knowledge and skills in location, operation, and care of equipment. (Patient Safety)
• Performs and documents systematic assessments according to established criteria. (Clinical Assessments)
• Recognizes and responds to abnormal diagnostic data and reports to appropriate provide (Clinical Assessments)
• Develops and maintains a professional and personable relationship and appearance with patients/ families and staff. (Caring & Code of Conduct)
• Treats patients with courtesy and respect. (Caring & Code of Conduct)
• Utilizes theoretical knowledge base to operationalize care. (Critical Thinking)
• Documentation is accurate and complete reflecting adherence to hospital, regulatory and legal requirements (Documentation)
• Completes population-specific mandatory education competencies as defined by the unit specific scope of service. (Population Specific Competency)
• Provides culturally competent care to patients and families. (Population Specific Competency)
• Provides patient centered care. (Population Specific Competency)
• Practice is consistent with Northern Light Health policy and procedures. (Evidenced Based Practice & Research)
• Demonstrates awareness of evidence-based practice. (Evidenced Based Practice & Research)
• Communicates effectively with patients, family members, and all members of the interdisciplinary team, seeking assistance for conflict resolution as needed. (Leadership and Professional Conduct)
• Implements the plan of care and identifies resources to meet patient care needs. (Collaboration and Teamwork)
• Identifies and communicates changes in patient conditions that may impact unit staffing levels or the provision of safe patient care. (Collaboration and Teamwork)
• Contributes to a healthy work environment by exhibiting professional behaviors and seeks assistance in addressing interpersonal conflicts. (Collaboration and Teamwork)
• Seeks assistance from colleagues in the daily care of patients on the unit. (Collaboration and Teamwork)
• Participates as a member of the interdisciplinary team to maximize patient care. (Collaboration and Teamwork)
• Utilizes available resources in an appropriate manner and seeks assistance when needed (Resource Management)
• Takes responsibility for meeting education and mandatory programs, by completing clinical evidence-based competencies (CBO) and member specific competencies. (Professional Development)
• Obtains 12 contact hours or a 3-credit professional development course or as specified by individual member organization. (Professional Development)
• Maintains an up-to-date personal educational file to demonstrate compliance with educational requirements. (Professional Development)
• Actively participates in the peer review process. (Professional Development)
• Demonstrates and articulates awareness of performance improvement initiatives. (Performance Improvement)
Competencies and skills:
Achieves Results: Sets high standards for their own outcomes and seizes opportunities to engage others towards objectives. Consistently moves forward with direct actions in order to attain or exceed objectives. Manages their own time effectively to accomplish assigned tasks. Successfully prioritizes multiple projects and duties as needed.
Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
Demonstrates Adaptability: Learns quickly when facing a new problem or unfamiliar task; is flexible in their approach with changing priorities and ambiguity. Manages change effectively and does not give up during adversity. Capable of changing one's behavioral style and/or views in order to attain a goal. Absorbs new information readily and puts it into practice effectively.
Demonstrates Emotional Intelligence: Exhibits a high level of self-awareness, self-management, other awareness and relationship management. Conducts themselves in an empathic, appropriate way, with a sense of humor and stimulates a collaborative work environment. Is respectful of the attitudes, feelings, or circumstances of others and aware of the influence of their own behavior on them. Is aware of relevant social, political, system, and professional trends and developments and uses this information for the organization's benefit.
Develops Self and Others:Takes responsibility for engaging in professional self-development activities and programs. Strives to gain insight into their own values, strengths and weaknesses, interests and ambitions and takes action in order to enhance competencies and skills when possible. As a leader, encourages and guides employees towards growth opportunities to enhance performance and help them reach goals. Reviews and analyzes employees' strengths and weaknesses to distinguish their talents and development needs, and to ensure they are enhanced appropriately.
Exercises Sound Judgment & Decision Making: Understands and processes complex information, which allows for appropriate and accountable conclusions. Does not react too quickly or slowly. Balances facts, goals, and potential approaches taking the appropriate criteria into account. Makes active decisions and commits oneself by communicating confidently and respectfully.
Fosters Innovation: Employs and encourages the use of meaningful creativity in solving challenges. Proactively identifies opportunities and uses new approaches to enhance processes, systems and services. When appropriate, suggests or initiates new strategies, products, services, and markets.
No previous experience required.
Provides Patient-Centered Care: Demonstrates understanding of patient care quality and service as organizational priority. Proactively supports change to improve patient experience and results. Exhibits the ability and willingness to find out what the patient wants and needs and to act accordingly, taking the organizational and outside resources into account. Cooperates, collaborates, communicates, and integrates care within and between teams to ensure that care is continuous and reliable.
Seeks Process Improvement & Applies System Thinking: Possesses and gains insight into situations, problems and processes. Understands the interconnection between organizational elements. Deconstructs problems and systematically investigates the various components. Considers the impact of actions on the entire process/system. Detects problems and opportunities, recognizes important information, and links various data to trace potential causes and relevant details.
- Registered Nurse
Lifting, moving and loading 30 to 50 pounds.
Alternate shift schedules (day, evening, nights, weekends).
Northern Light Acadia Hospital is an acute care, regional psychiatric hospital in Bangor, Maine that is a leader in the provision of tele-psychiatry services, including consultations to regional emergency departments and primary care practices. Northern Light Acadia Hospital offers innovative programming in the form of a behavioral home health, integrated behavioral healthcare in primary care practices, and a geriatric mood and memory clinic, which is involved in multiple clinical trials for promising Alzheimer's medications. The hospital is the sole corporate member of Northern Light Acadia Healthcare that provides a substance use disorder treatment program, case management services, and other outpatient mental health services in Penobscot, Waldo, and Knox counties. Northern Light Acadia Healthcare is the sole member of Restorative Health, LLC that operates an outpatient mental health clinic in Bangor. Northern Light Acadia Hospital is a member of Northern Light Health, an integrated statewide health delivery system that is raising the bar with no-nonsense solutions that are leading the way to a healthier future for our state. Northern Light Health offers a broad range of providers and services, including nine hospitals, primary care and specialty physician practices, long-term care, home health and hospice agencies, and emergency ground and air transport.
Bangor, Maine is a vibrant small city with easy access to Maine's spectacular coast, mountains, and lakes. Schools rank among New England's best with the flagship campus of the University of Maine located in the neighboring town of Orono. Bangor serves as the regional hub for medicine, the arts, and commerce. Bangor International Airport offers direct and one-stop service to most major destinations.