TE Connectivity R&D Product Development Engineer-NPD,VAVE in Bangalore, India
R&D Product Development Engineer-NPD,VAVE
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity’s R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams conceive original ideas for new products, introduce them into practice. They are responsible for product development, and qualification from market definition through production and release; assist in the qualification of suppliers for new products to ensure suppliers deliver quality parts, materials, and services for new or improved manufacturing processes; conduct feasibility studies, testing on new and modified designs; direct and support detailed design, testing, prototype fabrication and manufacturing ramp. The R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams provide all required product documentation including, but not limited to, Solid Model, 2D/3D production drawings, product specifications, and testing requirements. They create and modify detailed drawings and drafting or conceptual models from layouts, rough sketches or notes and contribute to design modifications to facilitate manufacturing operation or quality of product. Typical fields of expertise include: materials, mechanics and systems, electrical, optics, chemistry, software, automation systems, packaging, testing and measurement, and manufacturing of electrical, mechanical and electronic components, products, and their integration into systems.
• Identify and drive VAVE or cost saving projects
• Global product line (GPL) ownership – Provide engineering support to Product managers /manufacturing /Quality
• Co-ordinate and manage independently New Product Development (NPD) activities from Concept to production and understand the Mechanical, Environmental and Electrical requirements of a product.
• Understand engineering requirements for new product requirements or extension or variants (RFQ) and create new drawings & 3D modeling in Creo and get product cost from plant or suppliers
• Creation of detailed Engineering Drawings, Product & Application Specifications, product validation / Qualification test plans, Updating and releasing the drawings to manufacturing with the design changes mentioned in the ECR/ECO. Creation of ECR/ECO in Pdmlink when required.
• Perform tolerance stack analysis, DFMEA, conduct design reviews and basic FEA simulation in Creo.
• Review Dimension / test reports and provide engineering approvals to tools/ products
• Collaborate with global manufacturing teams and perform DFM to arrive at smart tolerance values and dimensioning scheme
• Should be able to understand and interpret simulation (FEA/mold flow) results and convert them to design improvements
• Should be able to interact with global stakeholder (PM/Sales etc.) and directly with Customers and communicate technical details efficiently.
• Should evaluate & handle Agency approval requirements for the products
• Evaluate ECR and drawings from the team before final approval
• EBOM creation for new projects & approvals for legacy parts in Creo/ Pdmlink
• Create 3D models with annotations required for 3D tolerance analysis software (3D annotations) and support analysis in 3DCS. Support model preparation for simulation when required
• Should be able to use measuring / test equipment and perform measurement / test on actual proto samples and correlate the simulation results
• Should be able to take up medium or complex NPD and work independently
Desired Candidate Profile
• B.E / B. Tech in Mechanical Engineering
• Six sigma Green belt certification will be added advantage
• Experience in connectors & terminals is preferred.
• Minimum 3 – 7 years of hands-on experience in VAVE and product engineering
• Ability to generate 3D models, 2D drawings with tolerancing.
• Proficient with standards of modelling, drafting and Engineering change procedures
• Proficient working knowledge on Creo & Pdmlink
• Knowledge on Industry standards IEC/DIN/EIA and agency approvals UL/CSA/VDE
• Ability to run FEA simulation (Structural) in Creo
• Proficient in Product design of Connectors / Plastic and sheet metal parts in an Interconnect, Industrial, Consumer Electronics, Automotive, Appliances Industry.
Values: Integrity, Accountability, Teamwork, Innovation
EOE, Including Disability/Vets
Bangalore, KA, IN, 560066
Travel: Less than 10%
Requisition ID: 99791
Function: Engineering & Technology
TE Connectivity and its subsidiaries, affiliates, and operating units (collectively, the "Company") is committed to providing a work environment that prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability or any other characteristics protected by applicable law or regulation.
- TE Connectivity Jobs