Diageo Financial Controlling Specialist in Bangalore, India
Temporary work opportunities align well with people who are looking for career flexibility and less traditional ways of working, but at the same time are people driven to deliver amazing work in high-profile situations. Magnit Direct Sourcing is a service offered by Magnit Global that provides top talent directly to industry leading clients who have flexible temporary assignments that work on a variety of projects and unlock opportunities for exciting work. As a temporary contractor, you’ll be employed by our Managed Service Provider, Magnit Global, who manages most of our temporary contract hiring. You will not be employed by Diageo.
This temporary assignment will be working with Diageo. Diageo India is the country’s leading beverage alcohol company and a subsidiary of global leader Diageo plc. The company manufactures, sells, and distributes an outstanding portfolio of premium brands such as Johnnie Walker, Black Dog, Black & White, VAT 69, Antiquity, Signature, Royal Challenge, McDowell’s No.1, Smirnoff, and Captain Morgan. Visit Diageo’s global responsible drinking resource, Drink IQ (https://protect-us.mimecast.com/s/wbLEC73zwDf3NKLnuRAm7p?domain=diageo.com) , for information, initiatives, and ways to share best practices. Celebrating life, every day, everywhere.
With iconic brands such as Baileys, Guinness, Gordon’s and Johnnie Walker, we’re the leading beverage alcohol company in every region of the world. Naturally, we need a robust and dynamic tech platform that helps us deliver our best work and sustains our success for years to come.
We’re an ever-changing business at Diageo, and our Information Services team is no exception. Join us, and you’ll be part of a fast-paced, challenging environment, helping us protect and enhance the IT platforms that our global operation depends on. Whether you’re delivering rapid access to key information, cutting-edge collaboration tools or optimising our corporate devices, everything you do will contribute to our goal of continuous innovation and improvement. What’s more, with 1270 servers, 360 network locations, 8 data centres and over 28,000 devices, you’ll be working on a scale that few companies can match.
The Financial Controlling Specialist is responsible for:
Provide Decision support and take ownership for its responsibility area, including
High-quality Stakeholder Management
training of junior staff and colleagues who are new to the role
setting work priorities appropriately
ability to work independently
Own the end-to-end responsibility for the assigned function/Clusters in terms of size, applicable payroll regulation & expectations from the stakeholders
Ensure timely, accurate, and adequate information is provided to the Finance Leads, FDs, and other stakeholders for them to make informed decisions
Ensure accurate AOP formulation and ensure that the O&R reflects the changing business scenarios accurately
Maintaining excellent rapport and Business partnering with executive stakeholders to stay on top of function performance and ambition plans
Adapting to technological advancements and staying on top of it - CoRe Tool, Anaplan, Anaplan O&R Tool, Anaplan Recharge tool etc
Handle increased compliance and Audit requests. Support internal and external audits, and ensure compliance.
Drive standardization in low-value-adding processes and look out for opportunities to automate the same. This is in line with the principles of CoE
Purpose of Role:
• To take full responsibility for the day-to-day management of the respective Profit and Loss / Balance sheet area from the accounting, reporting, and controlling perspective
• Decision support for business partners through value add analysis, thorough understanding of movements on accounts, the business reason behind those, and collection and presentation of Risk & Opportunities
• Planning - Coordinate with markets, sense check and validate the bottom up results to the top down expectation
• Prepare quality reconciliations through deep understanding of the figures supported, reported
• Continuously monitor the respective P&L and/or BS accounts for any inconsistencies
• Prepare and post accruals to ensure the month-end results show the clear and fair picture
• To ensure that financial processes are undertaken accurately, efficiently, on time and that the surrounding internal control procedures are strictly adhered to in line with CARM processes
• To maximize benefits of globalized system processes
• To exploit SAP to its maximum
• To contribute ideas, energy, enthusiasm, and support to the continuous improvement of the process.
• Ensure smooth and accurate month-end closes
Adhering to the Diageo Capabilities:
Bringing the Diageo purpose to life
Constantly deliver great performance
Bcom, MBA, Mcom, CA Inter
Ideally 7+ years working experience in a multinational environment, preferably in FMCG sector, with exposure to some of the following areas:
• Proven track record in the area of Financial Accounting / Reporting, and/or Financial Controlling experience is strongly preferred
• Internal / external audit experience and/or SOX is a plus
• Experience in a Shared services environment is considered as an advantage
• Fluent English knowledge
• MS applications
• Relevant experience with SAP FI /CO modules
• Strong Excel knowledge
• PC skills/System knowledge
Other Capabilities required:
• Positive attitude
• Team player, with the ability to work independently
• Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
• Relevant degree or proven ability to learn and develop
About Magnit Global
Magnit Global is a leading, global professional services and technology company. We have been a leader in contingent workforce management since 1991 and work with leading Fortune 500 companies and other large organizations across numerous verticals including consumer electronics, research and development, pharmaceuticals, health services, and many more. To do our best work we need different viewpoints. Therefore, we celebrate diversity and embrace inclusion. As an equal opportunity employer, we are dedicated to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We strive to ensure that we maintain a positive and enriching work environment for all.
- Diageo Jobs