Morgan Stanley Product Reference Data Strategy - Product Owner - Firmwide Operations in Baltimore, Maryland
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Operations is one of the largest divisions in the firm and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, the Operations department continually seeks ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
Firmwide Operations includes Shared Services and Banking Operations (SSBO), Operations Risk and Control, Global Project Group and Metrics, Branch Operations and Divisional Management. Shared Service and Banking Operations delivers industry leading operational solutions by aligning the right functions, people, processes and tools into ten core disciplines offering tailored client service levels that are efficient, controlled and compliant with regulation. Our core disciplines include: Asset Servicing, Cash Management, Client Data Management, Network Management, Payments (Wireless and Disbursements), Reconciliations, Settlements, Tax Operations and Product/Pricing Ref Data Operations.
As a result of recent market events, Products/Pricing Data Operations faces an unprecedented pace of regulatory and business change which is driving projects delivery geared towards improving the group's operating model, business processes and system capabilities.
This demand generates a critical need to have strong leadership within the Agile framework and guide a squad to successfully deliver on its mandates and business outcomes.
In this role you will be responsible for leading the Product Reference Data strategy squads supporting the Wealth Management business. Specifically, lead multi-faceted teams including Business Analysts, Developers, and Testers to create an enterprise product reference data ecosystem that will alleviate the need to rely solely on an aging mainframe system.
The ideal candidate should have a hands-on experience working in an Agile environment within the Financial Services industry with a good working knowledge of cutting-edge technology and the ability to define practical technology-based solutions for addressing business problems.
Specific role requirements include:
- Drive data and strategy renovations related to Product Reference Data supporting the Wealth Management business
- Lead one or more squads to deliver functional enhancements in timely and efficient manner, and in-line with the product strategy.
- Lead the data analysis activity that includes complex data structures.
- Create effective and timely Technology based solutions to serve the business needs.
- Develop and maintain plans that include the end state vision, strategic and tactical initiatives, and product backlogs.
- Manage sprints from idea creation through deployment including identifying client need, designing and validating concepts, developing epics and user stories, and managing to a budget.
- Develop comprehensive user stories documentation and lead overall execution with Technology and Testing partners.
- Participate in requirements elaboration and design sessions with Operations and technology partners. And socialize requirements with stakeholders across the organization and escalate issues as needed.
- Liaise with Legal, Risk, and Compliance partners on topics related to risk mitigation, audit, and policies & procedures.
- Build relationships and gain consensus with key partners and clients.
- Develop and deliver effective presentations to senior management, product teams, and project teams.
- Liaise with other Program Owners, Technology, Operations, and external Suppliers/Vendors.
- Develop metrics to measure KPIs, usage patterns, and other relevant analytics.
- Develop a thorough broad-based knowledge of all aspects of the reference data platform.
- Hands-on understanding of Agile development processes.
- Analytical skills, problem-solving skills, and an eye for details.
- Leadership skills to effectively manage resources to achieve best outcome.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to act as a bridge between Technology, Operations and Product stakeholders.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the Financial Services Industry in a Business Analyst/PO role developing financial applications for Retail and/or Institutional clients.
- Enterprise project experience working with cross-functional teams.
- Four year degree required.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required.
- Experience handling and analyzing large datasets.
Title: Product Reference Data Strategy - Product Owner - Firmwide Operations
Requisition ID: 3170181