Northrop Grumman Mechanical Engineering Manager in Baltimore, Maryland
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION: Yes
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE: No relocation assistance available
CLEARANCE TYPE: None
TRAVEL: Yes, 10% of the Time
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems, located in Baltimore, MD, is seeking a Mechanical Engineering Manager to manage a functional team of mechanical engineers. This team is responsible for the design and development of cutting-edge AESA Radar antenna hardware, which includes electronic packaging, Power Supply Hardware, prototyping, manufacturing process development and production support. Product examples can be viewed at this website: ttps://www.northropgrumman.com/what-we-do/air/active-electronically-scanned-array-aesa-radars/
The functional manager’s roles and responsibilities include:
• Leading a functional group comprised of approximately 15-20 mechanical engineers of varying experience levels, including performance management, merit planning, job assignment management/prioritization, career development, new employee onboarding and coaching.
• Providing timely information flow-down and fostering robust communication within group.
• Proactively communicating with project managers, in order to understand project objectives, milestones and risks, in order to ensure appropriate staffing and functional homeroom support.
• Maintaining awareness of each group member’s project responsibilities and performance, and providing them with the guidance and resources to overcome obstacles and meet objectives.
• Maintaining familiarity with applicable design processes, guidelines and best practices, and ensuring consistent utilization by all group members.
• Developing engineering labor and material cost estimates.
• Supporting department initiatives, which may include process improvement, workforce engagement, talent recruiting and interviewing, development of training materials, technology roadmap management, cross-campus/cross-sector interchange, etc.
• The various functional management tasks typically comprise approximately 20% of chargeable time, on average. The manager will be expected to maintain a programmatic role that provides productive charging for the remaining 80%.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or another relevant STEM discipline.
• Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in an engineering and/or leadership role.
• Demonstrated success leading, collaborating, and building teams on complex technical projects.
• Experience with concept definition, design and development, integration & test, and production of ruggedized electronic equipment.
• Self-motivated, proactive, organized and detail oriented. Excellent verbal and written communication, time management and organizational skills.
• Ability to work onsite full-time at the Baltimore (BWI) facility.
• US Citizenship, with the ability to receive DoD Secret clearance (or higher).
• Demonstrated success in a functional management, project management, or other relevant leadership role.
• Experience with design expertise in gimbals, stabilization systems, EO/IR and electronics packaging for RF, digital, power and cryogenic applications. Proficiencies include LRM, LRU, wired chassis, backplane, RF, power and digital interconnect design solutions.
• Familiarity with the processes, roles, tools and facilities related to Power Supply development at NGMS BWI facility, including hardware design, supply chain, manufacturing, testing, and quality assurance.
• Proficiency with Siemens Teamcenter, NX, Xpedition, and Autocad design tools.
• Active DoD Secret or higher security clearance.
Salary Range: $128,400.00 - $192,600.00
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority . The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
We are a pioneering company.
With careers across all areas: air, cyber, land, sea and space – our 90,000 employees work as one to defend and define the future. Northrop Grumman careers and internships are as varied as your interests, with a lifetime of potential that will give you every opportunity to do your best work. Working together with people from many backgrounds, personal passions and disciplines, we share a drive to push the boundaries of science, technology and engineering to meet the ever evolving needs of our customers worldwide.
- Northrop Grumman Jobs