Loyola University Maryland Financial Aid Specialist (Temporary, Part-Time) in Baltimore, Maryland
The Office of Financial Aid is seeking an experienced individual to provide temporary part-time support. The successful candidate will join our dedicated team of financial aid professionals and play a vital role in providing comprehensive financial aid services to students. The position may be remote or hybrid.
Job Duties May Include:
· Provide expert financial aid counseling to students and their families, addressing complex financial situations and advising on available aid options.
· Conduct one-on-one counseling sessions to assist students in understanding and navigating the financial aid process.
· Review and analyze financial aid applications to ensure accuracy and compliance with federal, state, and institutional regulations.
· Oversee the verification process, ensuring the timely collection and assessment of required documentation.
· Oversee and update the policies and procedures manual ensuring accuracy and alignment with current regulations.
· Utilize knowledge of financial aid regulations and guidelines to determine eligibility and calculate financial aid awards.
· Package financial aid offers for eligible students.
· Exercise professional judgment to assess special circumstances and adjust financial aid packages as appropriate.
· Stay informed about changes in federal and state financial aid regulations and ensure the university’s compliance with these regulations.
· Implement and enforce university policies related to financial aid.
· Contribute to the professional development of the team through knowledge sharing and collaboration.
For more information and to apply, please visit:
Successful candidates for any staff, faculty, or administrative position at Loyola University Maryland will be subject to a pre-employment background check. Note: In some cases, experience and/or education may be substituted for requirements.
If Part-time, list #hrs/week: Flexible but typically 20 to no more than 30 hours