Oracle Technical Analyst 2-Support in Austin, Texas
Job Identification : 106250
Job Category : Support
Job Locations :
Would you like to work on one of the most important strategic initiatives at Oracle? Do you want to contribute to the transformation of Oracle and our customers with cloud computing and in the process learn about Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI)? If you think that enabling and supporting customers is your forte then we would to love to hear from you.
As a member of the OCI Customer Operations Team you will
• Own the life cycle management of Oracle cloud offerings from the time customer goes to purchase to the time they are provisioned
• Support Oracle cloud services after provisioning
• Be a primary contact point of Oracle customers and provide advice and assist on diverse customer situations and issues
• Embrace change and be mindful that new challenges will come, both within the product and the company
• Be a team player – be willing to do what is required for the best of the user and the team
• Drive to find solutions and be innovative in supporting the automation to provide the best customer experience
• Obsess to broaden your knowledge of the business, the product, our department and our way of doing things
• Work with different people and cultures around the world and develop a professional relationship
As a member of the OCI Customer Operations Team you are responsible for
• Dealing with internal and external queries – all via chat/email/tickets, SR's BUGS and JIRA
• Identify bugs/technical issues that are raised by internal and Oracle customers and provide level one support to diagnose and resolve them
• Collaborate and engage with various internal teams for faster resolution
• Learning quickly to become an expert on Oracle cloud offerings and OCI
• Working closely with other customer operations team globally as well as other departments in the company to enhance learning and provide help
• Help internal and SOX team with regular audits
• Pull regular reports and act on orders stuck in systems
• Complete own role largely independently within defined policies and procedures
Your success will be measured through but not restricted to
• Productivity - Measured in Chats/Tickets Per day
• Resolution time – average time to resolve
• Peer feedback- how well you collaborate with other team members
• Your process and product knowledge and fundamentals of processes which you will learn and apply in Oracle
• Embracing change and be cheerful about it
• Your ability to act and sense the urgency for all customer issues and organizational impact
• Be a team player and be humble about it
• Ready to support 24/7 model by taking your regular off days other than Saturdays and Sundays. You may be required to support on national/Public holidays too
Requirements Soft skills - Minimum requirements
• Great interpersonal skills
• Performing under pressure
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Driven and hard working
• Ability to collect, organize, and display data in spreadsheet format
• Attention to details
Skillset/characteristics needed for the role
• Knowledge of cloud services and understand SaaS, PaaS and IaaS.
• Knowledge of any cloud infrastructure
• Knowledge of SQL, Jira, Oracle technologies.
• Understanding the way databases work with cloud applications is also a plus
• Experience with Microsoft Windows and MS Office applications, specifically EXCEL, Word, PowerPoint, and Electronic Mail
• Networking concepts and Oracle products, Database, Java or any other Middleware or Infrastructure products will be an added advantage
• Experience in Cloud Product Support (L1/L2) or cloud lifecycle management will be an added advantage
• BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Suggested majors include Computer Science or Mathematics
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As a Support Engineer, you will be the technical interface to customers, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Value-Added Resellers (VARs) for resolution of problems related to the installation, recommended maintenance and use of Oracle products. Your primary task will be to provide support to customers who contact the Oracle Solution Center and maintain high level of customer satisfaction while meeting guidelines (mostly through electronic means). Able to work with general guidance from senior support engineers and management and, in some areas, may work independently. Solutions often take time to develop through research, collaboration or problem replication.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation. Completes own role largely independently within defined policies and procedures. One year prior working experience with Oracle products (or at least two years related experience without Oracle products) and technical degree i.e., BS Computer Science/Management Information Systems/Science/ Engineering/Math/Physics/Chemistry with a 3.0 GPA OR functional degree + technical higher degree or in lieu of degree may substitute 4 years professional experience & professional certification (i.e., CNE, MCSE, CPA, Oracle, etc.).If you are a Colorado resident, Please Contact us or Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive compensation and benefits information for this role. Please include this Job ID: 106250 in the subject line of the email.
Innovation starts with inclusion at Oracle. We are committed to creating a workplace where all kinds of people can be themselves and do their best work. It’s when everyone’s voice is heard and valued, that we are inspired to go beyond what’s been done before. That’s why we need people with diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities to help us create the future, and are proud to be an affirmative-action equal opportunity employer.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to applicable law.
- Oracle Jobs