Apple Senior Software Engineer, Big Data & ML in Austin, Texas
Senior Software Engineer, Big Data & ML
Software and Services
- Extensive experience in software design and development; Working knowledge of the full SW development lifecycle
- Hands-on with architecture, design, development and deployment of large scale distributed computing systems in a large organization
- Experience with Java, Java11 related technologies, Spring Framework, JUnit / TestNG. Strong knowledge and understanding of data structures, algorithms, design patterns, concurrency, multi-threading, scalability, fault tolerant designs, enterprise architecture and software engineering principles
- Solid understanding of data modeling and database systems including Oracle, Cassandra, other NoSQL technologies
- In-depth knowledge of technologies such as Web Services, Avro, JSON, HTTP, SSL, Caching solutions, application performance tuning
- In-depth knowledge and experience in one or more of the following technologies: Hadoop ecosystem, Kafka, Flume, HBase, Cassandra, Spark, Solr, Zookeeper
- Deep understanding of key algorithms and tools for developing high efficiency data processing systems
- Validated software engineering experience and discipline in design, test, source code management and CI/CD practices
- Strong software development, problem-solving and debugging skills with experience in one or more of the following languages: Java or Python
- Proficient in working with Linux or other Posix operating systems, shell scripting, and networking technologies
- Architect, design and implement highly available and scalable enterprise solutions that can match Apple volumes - Ability to distinguish/combine relevant SQL and NoSQL technologies to architect the right solution - Utilize the expertise in Java frameworks including Spring, REST - Interface with Business, application owners, developers and project managers - Be responsible for promised deliveries in time - Collaboration with Project Management team and cross functional teams - Review technical designs and perform code review
Education & Experience
BS degree in computer science or information management plus 7-10 years of experience, or MS degree plus 5-7 years, or equivalent.
- Understanding of encryption algorithms and technologies.
- Exposure to functional programming
- Some experience in statistics and machine learning.
- Familiarity with Compute and/or Machine Learning offerings from Amazon AWS
- Familiarity with Kubernetes
Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Learn more about your EEO rights as an applicant (Opens in a new window) .
Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. United States Department of Labor. Learn more (Opens in a new window) .
Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you’re applying for a position in San Francisco, review the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance guidelines (opens in a new window) applicable in your area.
Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more about the E-Verify program (Opens in a new window) .
Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace. Reasonable Accommodation and Drug Free Workplace policy Learn more (Opens in a new window) .
- Apple Jobs