ULTRA CLEAN TECHNOLOGY SYSTEMS & Manufacturing Engineering Technician in Austin, Texas
Responsible for developing UCT internal drawings, routings and internal BOMs used to manufacture weldment and weldment assemblies as well as design fixturing, tooling, and process documentation (OMS/BKM/SOPs) to support builds. Relied on to troubleshoot manufacturing issues on the shop floor and provide root cause corrective action analysis of non-conforming material and process optimization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generates accurate/complete/clear manufacturing drawings of products using SolidWorks
- Develops CAD models of parts and assemblies from sketches and mark-ups.
- Understands system design from concept through detailing and release for production.
- Understands material, process, and other pertinent specifications needed for the design, drafting and manufacturing of mechanical components.
- Creates assembly drawings and Bills of Material from assembly models.
- Prepares layouts/models based on design specifications and create detailed drawings of parts based on the layout/model.
- Calculates and verify that the design meets the specifications.
- Provides detailed technical documentation to customers on design for manufacturability improvements.
- Designs to cost goals and design for manufacturability and testability.
- Hands on support of manufacturing floor through real-time defect investigation and rework/repair dispositioning to return non-conforming material to customer specifications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic knowledge of component and system design utilizing Solidworks and Pro-Engineer.
- Knowledge of mechanisms.
- General knowledge of drawing standards, formatting, and dimensioning included basic GDandT.
- Show initiative and a sense of ownership by learning to be self-sufficient at task, but quick to ask questions when uncertain.
- Demonstrates a serious commitment to accuracy and quality while meeting goals and deadlines.
- Presents a professional, positive image that reflects well on the organization.
- Bachelors degree preferred or related equivalent experience.
- AS degree or higher in technical field preferably Electronic, IT, or Physics
- 4-6 years of electro-mechanical technician experience within a manufacturing environment required.
Must have 1 of the below relevant experiences:
- 2-4 years: Hands on welding and/or machining equipment experience in a professional environment.
- 1-3 years: CAD software experience. Able to 2D customer prints into 3D solid models and modify to fit manufacturability requirements.
- 2-4 years: Hands on manufacturing line experience related to building of physical products, preferably in the semiconductor industry.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Works in an office environment.