Samsung Electronics America Engineer - Front-end Flow/Methodology in Austin, Texas
Samsung is a world leader in Memory, LCD and System LSI technologies. We are currently looking for exceptional software and hardware talent to join our Samsung Austin R & D Center (SARC) in Austin, TX and our Advanced Computing Lab (ACL) in San Jose, CA. SARC was established in Austin, TX in 2010 to be one of Samsung’s strategic investments in high performance low power ARM based device technology. Presently our GPU design teams, located in Austin (SARC) and San Jose (ACL), are developing a GPU that will be deployed in Samsung mobile products.
Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for a passionate Front End Flow/Methodology Engineer to join our team. In this role you will learn, develop, support and enhance Frontend build flows.
Key responsibilities include:
• Define, develop and support frontend flows and methodology.
• Document current flows and provide training.
• Quickly root cause flow related issues and provide feedback.
• Work closely with CAD team to deploy new tools flows methodologies for front end RTL design.
• Identify areas of improvement in current front-end flows and propose ideas. Work with cross-functional teams to drive changes.
Skills and Qualifications
• Bachelors' degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent along with 5+ years of relevant industry experience.
• 2+ years of experience in defining, developing and supporting RTL build tools, flows, and methodologies.
• Familiar with front-end ASIC design flows in the industry.
• Strong programming/scripting skills in programming languages such as Python/Ruby/Perl/Tcl and Shell/Make.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, and ability to work across various teams.
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Alerts : If you would like to be notified of new opportunities when they are posted, please click here (https://sec.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/Samsung_Careers/jobAlerts) . You will be asked to create an account first if you do not already have one.
Samsung Electronics is a global leader in technology, opening new possibilities for people everywhere. Through relentless innovation and discovery, we are transforming the worlds of TVs, smartphones, wearable devices, tablets, digital appliances, and network systems, and the entire semiconductor industry with our memory, system LSI, foundry, and LED solutions. Samsung is also leading in the development of the Internet of Things through, among others, our Smart Home and Digital Health initiatives.
Since being established in 1969 , Samsung Electronics has grown into one of the world’s leading technology companies, and become recognized as one of the top global brands. Our network now extends across the world, and Samsung takes great pride in the creativity and diversity of its talented people, who drive our growth. To discover more, please visit our official newsroom at ( https://news.samsung.com/global/ ).
Samsung Electronics America
- Samsung Electronics America Jobs