ManTech System Administrator/Integration & Testing in Aurora, Colorado
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented System Administrator/Integration & Testing to join our team in Aurora, Colorado.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Responsible for the upkeep, configuration, and operation of computer systems and servers. Ensure that uptime, performance, resources, and security of the computers/servers/systems meet user requirements.
· Be able to acquire, install, and/or upgrade computer components and software; provide routine automation; maintain security policies; troubleshoot; train or supervise staff; or offer technical support for projects.
· Be knowledgeable of operating systems and applications, as well as hardware and software troubleshooting, knowledge of the purposes for which people in the organization use the computers.
· Be on call when a system goes down or malfunctions and be able to quickly and correctly diagnose the issue and how best to fix it. Need to have teamwork and communication skills; as well as being able to install and configure hardware and software.
· Must understand the behavior of software in order to deploy it and to troubleshoot problems, and generally know several programming languages used for scripting or automation of routine tasks.
· Responsible for automating system or application configuration with various configuration management tools.
- Must have a strong grasp of computer security. This includes not only deploying software patches, but also preventing break-ins and other security problems with preventive measures.
· Experience with COTS/GOTS; specifically: NIAGARAFILES, LINUX, KVM, OPENSTACK (compute, Cinder, Neutron) or similar virtualization technology.
· Experience with big storage – GPFS, Lustre.
· Perl/Python/Shel scripting experience.
· Networking experience – subnetting, routing.
· Applying operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes.
· Configuring, adding, and deleting file systems.
· Plan and manage the data center environment.
· Ensuring uniformity between development, test and production environments.
· Troubleshooting any reported problems.
· System performance tuning.
· Installing and configuring new hardware and software.
· Analyzing system logs and identifying potential issues with computer systems.
· Adding, removing, or updating user account information, resetting passwords, etc.
· Be able to answer technical queries and assist users.
· Documenting the configuration of the system.
· Training users
· Shall have a minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in software engineering/development and/or systems engineering/analysis.
· Must possess experience in all phases of software engineering to include requirements analysis, development, testing and integration, maintenance and problem diagnosis/resolution and/or experience in phases of applications systems analysis to include evaluation and design, integration and optimization of complex systems.
· Must have experience with communication applications, database management, use of programming languages and knowledge of storage and retrieval methods.
· Must have experience in networks, storage, Linux, virtual environments and general hardware knowledge.
· Experience with perl, python and web services
· Experience with developing applications software for small to highly complex computer systems or portions of large integrated systems and/or for providing analysis and engineering of functional aspects of software and hardware architecture and system support.
· Experience with preparing detailed specifications from which software products will be designed and/or candidate will translate documented designs into software products by developing, documenting, testing and debugging code.
· Experience with applications that deal with utility programs, job control language, macro, subroutines and other control modules.
· Candidate shall be competent to work at the highest level of all phases of software engineering and/or all phases of applications systems analysis with minimal direction or oversight.
Security Clearance Requirements:
· Active/Current Top Secret SCI with FS Poly
Hearing, medium work (normal requirements up to 50 lbs), no adverse environmental conditions, sedentary work, speaking, standing, talking, working with computers/CRTs, working with data, ability to handle stress & work under pressure, analytical or critical thinking skills, listening skills, multi-tasking ability, oral & written communication skills, organizational skills, switchboard or computer operating skills
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.
- ManTech Jobs